Mud Worms Oreo Cookies
Mud Worms Oreo Cookies are the-easiest halloween dessert-cookies you will EVER assemble. In just 10 minutes, you can make a two-dozen batch. Or just make ganache and kids will happily assemble the rest for you! Kind-a-fun-family-halloween-project!
I know you guessed by now! These worm-treats don't need baking. Just bring home kid's favorite Oreo Chocolate Cookies and set kids to work..... while you sit and enjoy a chocolate Oreo cookie with milk on the couch!
is it possible!!??!!
In these Mud-Worm Cookies, semi-sweet chocolate ganache mimics the mud and chocolate pebbles/stones mimic mud stones, then gummy worms on top add the real creepy factor of dirty, stink-y, gone-bad, infested mud. nasty!!! but delicious nasty! Isn't it?
Initially, I wanted to stack two Oreo cookies with a small dot of ganache glue, but then I decided to not feel sorry for my belly-bulge later! Good choice, right?? One cookie is certainly enough, though someone in mind is still telling me - "two could have been soo much better"! I leave this decision on you.
Choose wisely.... calories or oreo cookies???
hmmm.... I hear you......
Okay! you can stack two :)
Now, back to my initial question, can you really sit on couch.... watching TV... with milk-cookies.... while your kids work in kitchen? I am waiting for your answer.....
How about some shake to go with these cookies?
Mud Worms Oreo Cookies
- Worm Oreo Cookies
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Cup Chocolate Candies (like chocolate stones, pebbles, Lego blocks etc)
- 24 Gummy Candies (gummy worms, spiders, or rats etc)
- Chocolate Mud (Ganache)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate (semi-sweet milk chocolate, such as Hershey's)
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1. To make mud (ganache), in a microwave safe, medium-size bowl add heavy cream. Heat in microwave for 20-25 seconds or until cream is warm. Add semi-sweet chocolate, and butter. Stir to melt chocolate and butter with warm cream. Mix will be shiny, spreadable (not-seized), and chocolate should be fully melted. If not, heat mix ganache in microwave 10 secs at-a-time and then stir until smooth and shiny. Additional Notes: Leave ganache in refrigerator for 20 minutes so that it is can spread and hold on cookies.
- 2. Take out 24 oreo cookies, spread each cookie with 1/2-1 teaspoon of ganache. Top with 5-6 pebble stones, blocks and 1-2 gummy worms. Count may vary based on size of stones and worms used. Repeat for all 24 cookies.
Savita's Recipe Notes:
If ganache seizes, means become difficult to spread, warm it in microwave for 5-10 seconds and then stir to make it smooth.
You can place a small dot of ganache between two oreo cookies to make double-oreo worm cookies.
Ganache is good for 35-40 cookies.
For better results, leave assembled worm cookies in refrigerator for 20-25 minutes to let ganache hold pebbles and worms more.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe