Mud Worms Oreo Cookies
Posted By Savita
Mud Worms Oreo Cookies are the-easiest halloween dessert-cookies you will EVER assemble. In just 10 minutes, you can make a two-dozen batch. Or just make ganache and kids will happily assemble the rest for you! Kind-a-fun-family-halloween-project!
I know you guessed by now! These worm-treats don't need baking. Just bring home kid's favorite Oreo Chocolate Cookies and set kids to work..... while you sit and enjoy a chocolate Oreo cookie with milk on the couch!
is it possible!!??!!
In these Mud-Worm Cookies, semi-sweet chocolate ganache mimics the mud and chocolate pebbles/stones mimic mud stones, then gummy worms on top add the real creepy factor of dirty, stink-y, gone-bad, infested mud. nasty!!! but delicious nasty! Isn't it?
Initially, I wanted to stack two Oreo cookies with a small dot of ganache glue, but then I decided to not feel sorry for my belly-bulge later! Good choice, right?? One cookie is certainly enough, though someone in mind is still telling me - "two could have been soo much better"! I leave this decision on you.
Choose wisely.... calories or oreo cookies???
hmmm.... I hear you......
Okay! you can stack two :)
Now, back to my initial question, can you really sit on couch.... watching TV... with milk-cookies.... while your kids work in kitchen? I am waiting for your answer.....
How about some shake to go with these cookies?
Mud Worms Oreo Cookies
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Cup Chocolate Candies (like chocolate stones, pebbles, Lego blocks etc)
- 24 Gummy Candies (gummy worms, spiders, or rats etc)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate (semi-sweet milk chocolate, such as Hershey's)
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
Worm Oreo Cookies
Chocolate Mud (Ganache)
1. To make mud (ganache), in a microwave safe, medium-size bowl add heavy cream. Heat in microwave for 20-25 seconds or until cream is warm. Add semi-sweet chocolate, and butter. Stir to melt chocolate and butter with warm cream. Mix will be shiny, spreadable (not-seized), and chocolate should be fully melted. If not, heat mix ganache in microwave 10 secs at-a-time and then stir until smooth and shiny.
Additional NotesLeave ganache in refrigerator for 20 minutes so that it is can spread and hold on cookies.
2. Take out 24 oreo cookies, spread each cookie with 1/2-1 teaspoon of ganache. Top with 5-6 pebble stones, blocks and 1-2 gummy worms. Count may vary based on size of stones and worms used. Repeat for all 24 cookies.
If ganache seizes, means become difficult to spread, warm it in microwave for 5-10 seconds and then stir to make it smooth.
You can place a small dot of ganache between two oreo cookies to make double-oreo worm cookies.
Ganache is good for 35-40 cookies.
For better results, leave assembled worm cookies in refrigerator for 20-25 minutes to let ganache hold pebbles and worms more.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.