Orange-Cream Ebelskivers - Danish-style Filled Pancakes
Cookbook GIVEAWAY + recipe for miniature, orange-cream filled pancakes from author and food stylist Kevin Crafts
Posted By Savita
Few years back, I ate these cute little pillow-y filled pancake treats, in a Danish bakery, in Solvang. I came home, and craved to have'em one more time (at-least)! I was not an active blogger at that time, so never thought to try making some at home. What I did try though, was looking online for a Danish bakery, near-by. Instead of finding Danish Bakery, I came across this beautiful book by Kevin Crafts, and I couldn't help just staring at the pictures for a long time!
Those were my pretty early days of blogging, when I bought two copies of this book, kept one for me and gave-away one on my blog. Then, I also received a few copies for more giveaways from author Kevin Crafts. I made a lot of ebelskivers since that time.... gave-away few books... but never thought my pictures worth to do justice to Kevin's recipes, until now.
Now, after 3+ years of blogging, and improving 10-folds in my food-styling and camera skills, I finally felt to share one of my favorite recipe from his book i.e. Orange-Cream Ebelskivers. Pillow-y citrus pancakes filled with orange-cream cheese filling. Like a bundle of joy, these filled pancakes just melt-in-mouth.
I often serve Ebelskivers for breakfast, especially these ones are our favorite with some hot Chai on Saturday morning.
With this recipe, I am also announcing giveaway of another Ebelskivers Cookbook. Don't miss the chance to own this pancake cookbook with 40+ unique ebelskivers recipes.
A great way to entertain during holidays, Kevin's Ebleskivers recipes are suitable for breakfast and dessert too. Book has collection of sweet, as well as savory Ebelskivers.
Wining Ebelskivers cookbook is very simple. Giveaway will be awarded to random winner selected out of the comments entered below. In order to enter, just let me know -
What is your favorite flavor of pancake? and PIN this recipe to enter to win this GIVEAWAY.
Happy pinning and get ready to make some Ebleskivers this Holiday Season!
*To enter this giveaway, leave a comment on following - Orange-Cream Ebelskivers Recipe, telling:
- What is your favorite flavor of pancake?
- PIN this recipe, with #chefdehome #giveaway, mention in comment about pinning.
To maximize your odds of winning, you can leave a comment every day.
*No purchase required. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 or older to enter. Only valid for US residents.
Giveaway closes on Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Winner will be announced on Thursday, October 30, 2014
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Orange-Cream Ebelskivers - Danish-style Filled Pancakes
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese (whipped-style)
- 1 Oranges (grated zest for filling, use orange juice for pancakes)
- 1 tsp Sugar (confectioner's powdered sugar, plus more for dusting)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted and slightly cooled, for coating ebelskivers pan)
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (or use Cake Flour, I have used all-purpose)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Egg(s) (large eggs)
- 1/2 Cup Milk (whole milk)
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice (fresh juice, use orange zest-ed for filling, plus more to get 1/2 cup juice)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted and slightly cooled)
Orange Cream Filling
Orange Ebelskivers Batter
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. In bowl, blend cream with orange zest and 1 teaspoon sugar until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Optional - Preheat the oven at 200 F to keep the ready ebleskivers warm while making more than one batch.
3. Orange Batter - In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, then whisk in the milk, orange juice, and melted butter. Add yolk mixture to flour mixture and, using spatula, stir until well blended. Batter will be lumpy.4. In a clean bowl, using electric mixture on high speed, beat the egg whites until, stiff but not dry, peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold about one-third of egg whites into the batter to lighten it, then fold in the rest just until no white streaks remain. Don't over-mix.
5. Brush the wells of ebelskiver pan with melted butter and place over medium heat.6. When the batter starts to bubble, add about 1 tablespoon batter to each well. Working quickly, carefully spoon about 1 teaspoon orange-cream cheese mixture into the center of each pancake.
7. Top each with another 1 tablespoon batter.8. Cook until the bottoms of pancakes are lightly browned and crisp 3-5 minutes. Use 2 short wooden skewers to turn all pancakes and cook until lightly browned on the second side.
9. Transfer the finished pancakes to a platter and keep warm in the oven while you repeat to make 2 more batches.10. Dust warm ebelskivers with powdered sugar and serve right away.
Ebelskivers require a Ebelskivers Pan for cooking.
Pan should be hot when you add batter, so that batter does not stick to bottom of the pan.
For first time cooking, I recommend filling only a few pancakes at-a-time to learn the skill of turning these pancakes properly.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.