Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
Not-Fried, Crispy, Low-Fat, Sweet 'n Sour Chicken Wings!!
Sweet and spicy, lip-smacking, tasty glazed wings with hint of honey and everyone's favorite condiment - Sriracha!!
Does this sound like winner game day appetizer?
This is one of favorite way to eat wings in my home! Sweet and Spicy, broiled (not fried) Chicken Wings, with sweetness of honey and sharp spicy-ness of sriracha! A mouth-watering appetizer for heat seekers and wing lovers!
Wings are one favorite appetizer of everyone in my friends and family! And I'm always looking for inspirations to cook a different flavor of wings! Like, today's Honey Sriracha is inspired from famous honey-sriracha chicken from a local Asian eatery's menu! I really love the combination of sweet honey and spicy-tangy sriracha sauce. Honey not just gives mild sweetness to these wings, but also helps getting a beautiful caramel-color glaze! looks mouth-watering! Isn't it?
Since we are using a ready hot sauce, I mean Asian Sriracha Hot Sauce, the recipe becomes very easy! Kind a recipe, which you can put on table on a pretty short notice.... yet everyone will admire the taste and ask for more! I warn you! be ready! make some extra ;)
No-kidding, this sauce, you can double or triple the recipe. Just keep refrigerated until ready to use. Then use it many ways.
1) Cook honey-sriricha glazed chicken for easy weeknight dinner with some rice or butter noodles.
2) Saute some tofu and rice in this sauce for a delicious and hearty lunch!
3) Coat chicken nuggets in this sauce for yumm appetizer for kids (add a little more honey to balance the spicy-ness per kid's taste!)
possibilities are endless...
Note: Chicken wings are broiled in oven, so active time to perch on stove is almost nothing and no-deep-frying also comes with promise of very-less-oil-calories!
And before I end the post and forget my gluten intolerant friends...., This appetizer is gluten free. The Sriracha Hot Sauce is labeled Gluten Free and we have not used any other gluten ingredient.
Can't Find Sriracha? Use an Asian sauce, that is a "hot" sauce, with good punch of garlic and chilies. For example - Sambal Chili Garlic Paste.
Like Chicken? Here some more lip-smacking Chicken Recipes!
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
IngredientsHoney Sriracha Hot Sauce
1. Honey Sriracha Hot Sauce - Combine, Honey Sriracha Hot Sauce ingredients (except salt and butter) in a small sauce pan, mix to combine melted honey in sriracha. Add butter and remove from heat.(30-40 secs) Stir to melt butter in the sauce (off heat). Taste and adjust salt. Set aside.2. In a small bowl, add chicken wings, add seasonings - salt, black pepper, lemon juice, oil, and garlic powder. Coat to combine. On a sheet pan, place a grilling rack (or a cookie cooling rack), coat with oil spray. Place the wings on rack, keeping some spacing in-between. Broil in oven, for 20 minutes, until wings are fully cooked through. For even crispy skin, I like to turn the wings, up-side down, half-way through the cooking. Additional Notes: Using rack instead of placing wings straight on sheet, help make crispy chicken wings. Air will circulate better and wings will not sit in their own juice while broiled.
3. When wings are cooked, in a wide saute pan, add 2/3 of the sauce, with heat on, add cooked crispy wings and coat wings in sauce with tongs or spatula.4. Cook for 3-4 minutes on high heat until honey has started to caramelize and wings have a glazed coating. Keep stirring quickly or otherwise hot pan will burn the honey.
- 5. Transfer glazed wings in a serving platter, drizzle remaining sauce over the top. Garnish with scallions, and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Wings may take a little less time to cook than drumettes, watch closely after first 10 minutes as these start to get dark quickly. Also, if you using frozen, just thawed wings, they will take a little longer to cook.
Alternate Cooking Methods: You can also deep fry wings if you prefer. Or Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, then char on grill/gas flame for quick 1-2 minutes each side.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.