Chicken Tikka Masala
Posted By Savita
Chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then grilled or baked in Conventional Oven or traditional Indian Tandoor served in rich and aromatic tomato cream sauce. It is popular in countries all over the world as Tikka Masala. This recipe is one of the best example of an Indian Curry which does not require Turmeric or Curry Powder.
Chicken Tikka (marinated chicken grilled to perfection) is a an excellent snack or main course dish on its own, addition of Tikka Masala (Rich tomato Gravy) gives chicken depth of spicy flavor and makes it simple irresistible. Enjoy Chicken Tikka Masala with Indian style Naan Bread or Roti.
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 lbs Chicken (Boneless Breast Meat in 3-4 inch pieces)
- 2 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Honey
- tsp Salt (To Taste)
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Garlic (paste or mashed)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (paste or grated)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (Juice)
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt (Greek Yogurt Or Remove excess water from regular Yogurt)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Lemon (Juice)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Wash chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. Cut it in 3" to 4" pieces. For best results, make sure that chicken is fully dry (no water dripping). In a bowl take yogurt, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp garlic paste, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp Red pepper powder and mix well. Add chicken pieces and make sure to coat marinade to all sides. cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hour. So that chicken absorbs flavor from marinade.
2. Skew chicken pieces and grill on a charcoal grill till done. You can also use conventional Oven (400 degree F) for about 20-25 minutes or till fully cooked.
3. Once chicken is cooked, set aside. If cooking in oven, make sure to turn skewers upside down half way through cooking.4. For Sauce, melt butter in a pan, add garam amsala and fry till fragrant (30 seconds). Add ginger, garlic paste and fry for 1 minute. Now add tomato puree , remaining red pepper powder and salt . Fry for 5-6 minutes. Add 1 cup water, bring to boil and simmer till sauce thickens. Add honey and mix well. Then add cooked chicken, stir to combine.
5. Just before serving, add heavy cream and serve with your choice of side dish.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.