Good Morning Sunshine Breakfast Smoothie
Packed with potassium, vitamins, good fats, and anti-oxidants.
Posted By Savita
Whenever I blend a glass of sunny smoothie like this one, all I can think of is: start of a bright and beautiful day!
Why I made this smoothie? Because, I just wanted to :) My inspiration for smoothies are generally based on ingredients I love, nutrients, ingredients in hand, time, and mood :) I covered pretty much everything! Isn't it?
Orange and Strawberries are two of my favorite ingredients in smoothies. Lately, I'm loving the creaminess of avocado in smoothies too. Also, adding a veggie to an otherwise fruit smoothie can really help sneak-in one daily serving of veggie in your favorite glass of joy. So, whenever, I'm making fruit smoothies, I make sure to select a veggie which will pair best with the fruits.
One other delicious, healthy, powerful potassium source yet silent ingredient in this smoothie is Coconut Water. Why silent? Well... you know, all of my smoothies have water as base, most of the time. I only buy coconut water if I see low sugar and no concentrates brand in store. So, for this one too, feel free to use water instead. You...
- 10 Strawberries (medium size, hulled)
- 1 Oranges (navel orange, skin and seeds removed)
- 1 Avocado (pit and skin discarded)
- 2 Cup Coconut Water (or filtered plain water)
- pinch Salt
- 1. Rough chop orange and remove skin and seeds. Also, scoop avocado and discard pit and skin. In blender jar, add coconut water, avocado, salt, orange, and strawberries.
- 2. Blend until smooth and creamy! Serve and enjoy!