Avocado Caesar Salad with Avocado Caesar Dressing
Avocado Caesar Salad recipe with creamy avocado Caesar dressing and homemade garlicky croutons. A refreshing twist on classic Caesar with creamy dressing made without mayo with avocado and parmesan.
Sharing Mexican inspired take on Caesar Salad with this Avocado Caesar Salad with creamy avocado Caesar dressing. Every fork-full of this Avocado Caesar is delicious party of flavors - homemade garlicky croutons, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and tangy creamy Caesar dressing. Dressing and salad can be made vegan and gluten free. (read notes for details)
Have you tried my Shrimp Caesar Salad recipe? This salad is also a twisted take on Classic Caesar with spiced grilled shrimp. You will love the flavors!
Let's make Avocado Caesar today!
Avocado Caesar Salad
Today's recipe is a mouthwatering fusion of Mexican and Italian cuisine. The Mexican Avocado Caesar replace mayo in dressing with healthy creamy avocado. You can even substitute olive oil in dressing with avocado oil.
The creamy texture of avocado pairs very well with crunchy crisp romaine hearts and garlicky croutons. The nutty parmesan cheese on top and splash of lemon (or lime) is my all time favorite (I should say family-favorite).
What Do You Need To Make Avocado Caesar Salad?
Here is what you need to make Avocado Caesar Salad:
- Romain Hearts
- Cherry Tomatoes or Cucumber
- Avocado Caesar Salad Dressing (recipe included)
- Garlicky Croutons (recipe included)
I also love to add other Mexican favorites such as Grilled Corn, Mexican Spiced Chicken or Shrimp to this recipe.
Making Avocado Caesar Salad Dressing
The classic creamy Caesar salad dressing is very easy to make and a versatile dressing. I love homemade Caesar Dressing and use it often on many salads. So much so that I've also created a mayo-free vegetarian Caesar Salad Dressing. (Specially for the days when I don't eat mayo.)
For Avocado Caesar Salad dressing recipe, you will need following ingredients:
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil (or use avocado oil, if available)
- Avocado (fresh ripe avocado, should not be mushy)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
This avocado dressing recipe is clean, needs no anchovies, no mayo, no eggs.
However, if you like pungent (anchovies) flavored Caesar Dressing like real classic Caesar dressing then add a few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce into the dressing.
To make the Avocado Caesar Salad dressing, in a food processor blend all ingredients except oil. Add oil to emulsify. Taste and adjust salt. I highly recommend to finish dressing with generous sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper.
Croutons For Avocado Caesar Salad
A clean and vibrant salad such as this Avocado Cesar calls for homemade garlic croutons which are by-the-way very easy to make. It needs three ingredients to make the croutons. (Salt and peeper on the house.)
- Day old rustic bread slices. (French or Ciabatta)
- Olive Oil
- Grated Garlic
To make the croutons; brush the bread slices with mix of oil and grated garlic, season, and then place on hot heated grill pan. Turn heat to medium low. Grill until nice grill marks appear.
Let cool completely, then slice! Croutons are ready for salad. Yeah, it's that easy!
Assembling Caesar Salad
Add chopped romaine hearts and avocado in a large salad bowl. Top with 1/4 cup of dressing. Gently toss romaine in dressing and transfer to a serving bowl/platter.
Honestly, making a delicious filling salad such as this Avocado Cesar Salad at home helps me fit this easily to my diet preferences. For example;
- Skip crouton and salad is Gluten Free.
- Skip cheese and salad is Dairy Free.
- Swap half of the romaine with spinach and arugula for greens loaded salad.
Vegan Avocado Caesar Dressing
To make Vegan Avocado Caesar Dressing. Simply substitute the parmesan cheese with half quantity of nutritional yeast.
Check more in Salads Category, or try search. You can also write to me to create a salad that you can't find on the blog. I'm always on board to test and try new salad recipes. Happy munching!
Avocado Caesar Salad with Avocado Caesar Dressingreviews) (5
IngredientsAvocado Caesar Salad
- 1. Make Avocado Caesar Dressing: Add all ingredients for Avocado Caesar Dressing except olive oil (or avocado oil, if using) and water in to a food processor jar with half of one avocado (pitted and peeled). Place lid of food processor. Pulse a few times to chop garlic and avocado. With motor running on low, add water and then oil in one study stream until dressing is smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust salt. Set aside.
- 2. Make Garlic Croutons: Preheat a grill pan. Brush the bread slices with mix of oil and garlic, seasoning, and then place on the heated grill. Grill until nice charred grill marks appear. Let it cool completely then slice or tear bread slices to make bite-size croutons.
- 3. Assemble Avocado Caesar Salad: Add chopped romaine hearts and avocado in a large salad bowl. Top with 1/4 cup of dressing. Gently toss romaine in dressing and transfer to a serving bowl/platter. Top with diced cherry tomatoes, grilled garlic croutons.
- 4. Garnish and Enjoy: Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese. Eat chilled or at room temp. Enjoy!
- For best flavor, use fresh ripe avocado, should not be mushy.
- I highly recommend to finish dressing with generous sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper and splash of fresh lemon/lime juice.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.