Stir Fried Eggplant and Tofu Recipe
Sweet and Sour Eggplant with Tofu and Bell Peppers
Posted On: Sep, 5 | Author: Savita
Recipe of eggplant and tofu with bell peppers is one of famous Asian inspired eggplant recipe. Eggplant, to every one’s surprise, is one of the most versatile vegetables around. Give it a try and you can make many delicious dishes using eggplant. Be it eggplant dip, eggplant stir fry or eggplant fritters, options are endless. You can cook it for any occasion. This quick and easy recipe is also a healthy recipe. Enjoy it with rice or Indian style Parantha. You will love it either ways. Eggplant and Tofu work excellent together and hint ginger, garlic and sesame sauce adds wonderful aroma to the dish. In cooking process, eggplant absorbs sweet and tangy flavor from honey and soy sauce and little heat from peppers. Try it and you will start loving eggplant.
Stir Fried Eggplant and Tofu Recipereview) (1
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Asian (Side Dish)
- 1/2 lbs Tofu
- 1 Egg Plant Or Brinjal (small)
- 1 Bell Pepper (Red or Orange)
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Paste (Asian)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Green Onion (optional)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil (for frying Tofu)
1. Cut Tofu in 1 inch to 2 inch thick pieces and pat dry with paper towel to remove extra moisture. Also cut eggplant in 1 to 2 inch cubes.2. Heat cooking oil in a pan and fry tofu till crispy light brown from all sides.
3. In a pan, heat sesame oil, add ginger garlic paste and fry till fragrant. (Make sure not to burn the garlic). Add bell pepper and sauté till little soft. Add red chili paste and stir fry for 30 seconds. Now add honey and stir to combine.4. Now add eggplant and stir-fry till eggplant is tender.
- 5. Add Soy Sauce, salt , green onion (optional) and stir-fry on high for 2 minutes. Serve hot with your choice of Rice Or Noodles. You can also enjoy it as snack with some Crispy Egg Rolls.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe