Layered Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FireUpTheGrill #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Grilled BBQ Chicken Layered Quesadilla... a.k.a Stacked Quesadilla or Chicken Quesadilla Torta, all of these names sum-up to a mouthwatering stack of tortillas, layered with sweet and spicy Honey BBQ Sauce, chicken, black beans, cheese, and lots of fresh salsa!
This is by-far, one of my foodie-favorite way of enjoying "Quesadilla"!!!
Luckily, THE best season of year has finally arrived. I mean, grilling season!! I enjoy this season for opportunity to cook outdoors.... in fresh air, spending time with family, and above-all, less perching on kitchen stove! So, I take full advantage of this season by making all of my favorite foods, on grill!
You know, I'm obsessed with Mexican food and flavors! Plus bringing some freshness and lots of veggies to the table is always my goal! Last week, I united all of my favorite "foodie" passions in one - Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla. Also, known as Stacked Quesadilla or Open-faced Layered Quesadilla Torta, this Mexican-staple made our outdoor experience, even more "special"!
My version of Layered Quesadilla is filled with grilled chicken slathered in Kraft's Spicy Honey BBQ Sauce, black beans, corn, Kraft's mild cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheeses, pico de gallo, and fresh juicy strawberries.
This quesadilla is ALL prepared on GRILL! Yes, my friends, no flat-tops or perching on stove to cook this quesadilla! And it has THREE times the flavor of a traditional quesadilla. I promise!
Layered quesadillas is great to serve for BBQ Parties or Game Days gatherings. One because it is ready in no time yet has almost 3-quesadillas-in-one. Second serve this quesadilla and NO one will miss pizza!
And guess what? Even after, layer of cheese and chicken, this quesadilla is good-for-you with balanced proportion of fresh veggies, cheese, and chicken. Plus, has flavor in EVERY layer, not just on top!
This is truly such an easy way to prepare quesadilla to serve a crowd. I mean, no need to stuff and press individual quesadillas, just stack "three" or even "four" layers of tortilla with your favorite toppings, some cheese and throw on grill for an easy and interactive appetizer, ready in just 20 minutes!!
For traditional, one layer quesadilla, I sometimes use Corn Tortillas, but for layered quesadilla on gas grill, only flour tortillas work best for me. You can try corn tortillas if you wish so. Just be-careful when you flip the tortilla on grill..... I suggest, let everything adhere together with cheese before flipping.
Whether you use corn tortillas or flour tortillas, you must try Kraft's Spicy Honey BBQ Sauce in this quesadilla. It is without a doubt what “makes” this recipe. The sweet, smokey, and slight spicy taste of Honey BBQ sauce makes this quesadilla true Barbacoa experience!
Since, I was in full mood to enjoy outdoors, I even picked ready-to-serve Spicy Pico De Gallo and Vegetable Tray with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, from Walmart's Marketside collection.
PS: Don't forget to buy some fresh strawberries for seasonal fresh taste! You got to add some fresh seasonal fruits on layered, and open-faced quesadillas!!!
So, to make quesadilla, once you have grilled the chicken. (check recipe instructions for details), you’re basically going to literally stack the ingredients however you’d like. I usually grill/warm the middle layer tortilla(s) before assembly. One tortilla goes at the bottom with generous brush of Honey BBQ Sauce, then all toppings, tortillas… and repeat this process 2 times, throw on grill, and ta-da!!! You have it! The BEST stacked quesadilla ever!
How good does that sound?!
I'm sure you noticed by now that other than being a flavor-bomb, this quesadilla also makes nice presentation!!
Time to grill!! and time to impress some hungry crowds ;-)
So, friends, fire up the grills this season and let's make some Layered Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla.
Have a great day! -Savita
Few refreshing drinks for your next BBQ Party!
Layered Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- 1/2 lbs Chicken (boneless chicken tenders or chicken breast)
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce (Kraft's Spicy Honey BBQ Sauce)
- Oil Spray
- 6 Tortillas (extra-large, flour tortillas)
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce ( Kraft's Spicy Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 2 Cup Black Beans (One 15 ounce can of beans, rinsed)
- 1/2 Cup Corn (corn kernels, thawed if frozen, or grilled if using fresh.)
- 3/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese (7 oz, Kraft's Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (8 oz, Kraft's Shredded Mozzarella Cheese)
- 1 Cup Salsa (fresh pico de gallo)
- 8-10 Strawberries (small diced, for topping)
Grilled BBQ Chicken
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Set grill to preheat. Transfer chicken to a wide bowl. Add 2-3 tbsp bbq sauce and coat chicken in sauce. Set aside while grill is heating up.2. When grill is hot, transfer chicken on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until nice grill marks appear and chicken is fully cooked. Also, grill or warm middle layer of tortilla for about 30 seconds each side (optional)
3. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Slice into bite-size pieces and add remaining (about 1-2 tbsp of more if you like) bbq sauce and mix well. Set aside.4. To Assemble Quesadilla: On a clean cutting board, place one tortilla and generously brush/coat with Honey BBQ Sauce. Top with single even layer of 1/4 cup beans, one fourth of chicken, 1-2 tbsp corn, and cheeses.
5. Layer another tortilla on top, and then repeat all toppings listed in Step-4. Top with third and final tortilla and slide it onto oil-sprayed, low-heat side of grill. Cover the grill and let cheese in layers melt and bottom get crispy for 5 minutes. If grill is on low, tortilla will not burn.
Additional NotesAlways use wooden cutting board or assemble quesadilla on pizza-pan to make sliding easier.6. After 5 minutes or when cheese has started to melt. Press tortilla with wide spatula to seal ingredients in layers. Now, using wide spatula, carefully flip the quesadilla upside down.
Additional NotesDon't flip quesadilla if cheese has not started to melt yet. Don't increase the grill heat or tortillas will start to burn.
7. Once flipped, keep on grill for another 5 minutes. In meantime, top with extra cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Once the top cheese melts, remove the quesadilla from grill onto a cutting board.8. Top with fresh salsa, chopped strawberries, corn, and more bbq sauce. Cut into wedges and serve! Enjoy!
In hurry? You can also buy rotisserie chicken, shred, add Kraft's bbq sauce and layer to make this quesadilla.
Don't flip quesadilla if layers cheese has not started to melt yet. Don't increase the grill heat or tortillas will start to burn.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.