Easy Indian Tikka Masala Sauce
Restaurant-Style Indian Tikka Masala Sauce with just 6 simple ingredients!!
Posted By Savita
This Velvety Restaurant Style Indian Tikka Masala Sauce needs just 6 staple pantry ingredients. You will be surprised to learn that secret of your all-time favorite Indian Chicken Tikka Masala sauce was in these simple and easy to find ingredients and a 15 minutes recipe.
So ditch the delivery and serve an easy homemade Indian Authentic Tikka Masala Dinner even on weekdays!!
Sounds delicious? Isn't it?
Oh, and not just Chicken Tikka Masala dinner... I use this sauce a lot more ways! Tikka Masala Pasta, Tofu Tikka Masala and Rice, and even Tikka Masala Casserole to name a few! yumm!
Growing up, Butter Chicken or Chicken Tikka Masala had always been big part of our Sunday family dinner. My mom makes world's best tasting Chicken Tikka Masala. And it's been always in-demand among our family and friends. After marriage, I always have tried to bring her cooking magic to every plate of food I cook and serve. But, to suit my busy lifestyle and needs........ I have updated many of her classic traditional recipes. This 6 ingredients Tikka Masala is perfect example of that!
Overtime, this Tikka Masala sauce has become our family and friends favorite in most Indian-style Dinners! A evolution of classic, this recipe came into being on a very busy day and under a very short notice!!
I had few guests coming over and all they wanted to eat is Indian Curries. All food was ready when Vishal came to know... one of our guest is vegetarian. I just had some salad and rice as veggie options.
So quest was to make Indian Vegetarian Curry and time in hand was just 15 minutes.
Thing is, a good quality traditional marinara like Ragu Traditional Pasta Sauce, has lots of flavor of slow simmered Tikka Masala sauce. So I simmered Ragu Traditional Pasta Sauce with Indian garam masala, butter, and some seasonings!
Viola! A velvety, buttery, fragrant Tikka Masala Sauce was ready with that signature deep orange color and amazingly Restaurant Quality flavor....... and I was ready to host a prefect dinner party!
My guests kept asking for recipe and I promised them to share on blog. Soon after I publish this post, I'm going to send'em this link. :) This sauce has become like my new modern family tradition. Everyone who tastes it wants to get the recipe.
Secret to making this easy version of Tikka Masala sauce is all in a good quality Marinara Pasta Sauce.
Remember, your Pasta Sauce is main flavor-base for the Tikka Masala sauce. So choose a good quality and smooth marinara sauce such as Ragu Traditional and then serve a delicious Indian Dinner under 20 minutes!
Today, my age-old family recipe is updated and calls for an Italian Pasta Sauce! I hope you will enjoy a taste of my heritage with this "updated classic".
Chicken Tikka Masala Dinner is incomplete without a homemade Soft Garlic Naan!
Easy Indian Tikka Masala Sauce
- 3 Cup Marinara Sauce (Smooth Pasta Sauce such as Ragu Tradtional)
- 1.5 tsp Garam Masala
- 1.5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or Paprika, add more if like heat)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Garlic (clove, grated, optional if using garlic marinara sauce)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
Tikka Masala Sauce
1. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy bottom deep pan. Add garam masala and cook until fragrant. (about 30 secs)
2. Add cayenne (or Indian Red Chili Pepper), grated garlic, honey, and marinara sauce with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to boil and simmer for 6-7 minute on medium-low heat.
3. Add heavy cream and remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter. Heat the sauce for 1 minute while mixing the ingredients. I usually start with 1/4 cup of cream and then taste and adjust with few tablespoons more. Taste and adjust salt. Remove from heat.
4. Tikka Masala Sauce is ready!! Serve plain with rice. Or mix with your favorite protein and serve with traditional Indian Naan. Enjoy!
Marinara Sauce will already have salt. So add salt only at the end after tasting. You can add more honey at that point if like more sweet.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.