Turkey Tetrazzini with Mushrooms
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveThanksBeFull #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Today, I'm giving you a delicious family-style turkey casserole recipe, made with Thanksgiving leftovers!
Turkey Tetrazzini is a baked turkey and pasta casserole which is great for dinner over weekend after thanksgiving. With only 10 minutes prep, this casserole comes together very fast and makes homey and flavorful meal.
In my home, be it Diwali, thanksgiving or a special occasion.. I always have some extra supplies so that I never run short of food. This also saves us from some last minute trips to grocery stores. (life saver!)
After holiday's food and festivities comes the leftovers! Even when we are visiting friends, we end up coming home with leftovers - turkey, stuffing, pies and a lot more. So, every year this time, I'm making leftovers "stars" of my everyday meals such as this Turkey Casserole.
Turkey and Chipotle Potato Tacos, Turkey Stuffing and Crab Apple Salad, and Turkey Pot Pie are few of my other old favorites.
- 3 Cup Turkey (cooked, leftover or fresh cooked turkey, shredded)
- 1 Cup Green Beans (drained, such as Del Monte® Blue Lake® Cut Green Beans)
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs (Italian or panko, seasoned)
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (small bunch, fresh chopped)
- 1 lbs Pasta (spaghetti or linguine )
- 225 Grams Mushrooms (white button mushroom, sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion (medium yellow onion, small diced)
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried, or 5-6 fresh thyme sprigs)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock (such as Swanson® Chicken broth)
- 256 Grams Mushroom Soup (1 can of Campbell's® Cream of Mushroom Soup)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp Sun-dried Tomatoes (minced, or 2-3 tbsp capers)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, chopped)
- 1 tsp Lemon (zest, zest of one lemon)
Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Cook until it still has bite since it will be cooked again when tetrazzini is baked.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep saute pan. Add mushrooms and cook until water evaporates (2-3 minutes). Add diced onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and thyme with pinch of black pepper and salt. Cook until onions are soft. (2-3 minutes)
- 3. Add cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup chicken stock and 1/2 cup milk.
- 4. Bring to boil. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Taste and adjust salt.
- 5. Add in shredded leftover turkey, drained green beans, cooked and drained spaghetti noodles. Add in lemon zest, chopped parsley. Toss gently to combine.
- 6. To bake Turkey Tetrazzini, spray a 2 quart baking dish/casserole with cooking oil or coat with butter. Pour all ingredients. Mix breadcrumbs with remaining olive oil, and spread over evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until it is bubbly and breadcrumbs are brown and crispy.
- 7. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve and enjoy!