Coconut Cashew Curry Chicken and Rice with Mango
This post is sponsored by Success Rice and Sheknows Media. All views expressed are my own.
Mild spicy coconut chicken curry and aromatic rice with sweet mangoes, and toasted cashews for crunch in every bite. This, my friends, is a 20-minute weekday chicken and rice dinner, which is always on our dinner-menu in summers.
Whether it is a busy weekday or even a relaxed Saturday evening, a comforting and fast dinner like this one is a favorite of everyone at my dinner table. Where my family enjoys a flavorful chicken dinner with sweet mango, crunchy cashews and aromatic rice, I love the fact that it comes together super-fast and has two serving of veggies, lots of protein and a wholesome serving of rice.
The sweetness of mango balances the spicy of curry... and also gives this very Indian Chicken and Rice dinner a tropical mango-coconut flavor. Honestly, in tropical region of India, mango and coconut chicken sells like hot cakes. I added a twist to a classic and used ripe (yet firm) mangoes instead of often-used raw mango.
I love how the sweetness of ripe mangoes complements the curry and coconut flavors. The mango I used was firm in texture, which stands well to the texture of rice and chicken in this savory one pot dinner.
Today's gluten-free, dairy-free and wholesome dinner recipe has been made possible by Success® Rice. When I got the opportunity to share Success Rice with you all, I could not think of a better way meal than this, my family staple: Chicken and Rice dinner.
Good news is Success Rice comes in four varieties: Success® White Rice, Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice, Success® Jasmine Rice, and Success® Basmati Rice. For this meal I have used Jasmine rice. But if you want to use Whole Grain Brown Rice or Basmati Rice, they have got you covered!
Honestly, Success Rice is so affordable with just average retail price of $2.45 for the 14 oz! Can you believe it? So, I have a box of each variety in my pantry! Most nationwide food stores sell Success Rice, so these are very easy to find.
What I love most about Success Boil-in-Bag Rice is the no-mess easy cooking. Rice comes out perfect every-time and ready in just 10 minutes. For chicken and rice dinner, by the time I prepare the chicken curry in pot... rice is ready to join the party. I just drain the water, open the bag and pour rice over chicken curry. I like to infuse the flavor of curry with rice for one minute and I'm ready to serve dinner! That sounds easy!! Isn't it?
Thai Jasmine or Basmati, both are very fragrant rice. The moment a rice bag starts boiling in the water, you will know a restaurant-style Asian dinner is cooking in the kitchen. If you are ever intimidated with cooking perfect rice, I recommend trying Success Boil-in-Bag Rice. They are conveniently packaged in pre-measured colander-style bags and good quality rice makes cooking rice for dinner a piece of cake!
Success is in the Bag.®!
Friends, just look at this bowl of curry chicken and rice above? This delicious and flavorful Indian chicken and rice dinner with summer-favorite mangoes can be cooked and served at home!! Under 25 minutes!! Ditch takeouts and make an affordable yet flavorful meal at home!
A few more chicken and rice recipes from my recipe collection:
Coconut Cashew Curry Chicken and Rice with Mango
- Mango Curry Chicken Rice
- 1.5 Cup Rice (2 bags of Success® Jasmine Rice)
- 1 lbs Chicken
- 1 Cup Mango (2 fresh, ripe but firm Mangoes, peeled and sliced bite-size.)
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 inch Ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Curry Powder (madras curry powder or use quick recipe below)
- 4-5 tbsp Cilantro (fresh coriander leaves, chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Cashew (toasted, crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (or any good quality cooking oil)
- 1/2 Red Onion (thin sliced)
- 1 Cup Green Peas (I used frozen, optional )
1. Cook rice according to package directions.2. While rice cooking, heat oil in a wide heavy bottom pan. Add sliced onion and saute until soft. Add cubed chicken, spices, half of salt, and cook until chicken is brown from all side. (3-4 minutes).
3. After 2-3 minutes, add ginger, garlic,continue cooking until chicken is brown from all sides and spices release nice aroma.4. Add coconut milk, and salt. Bring to boil and then cook on medium heat until chicken is fully cooked and water is almost absorbed (about 1/3 cup liquid remaining). (about 5 minutes)
5. Meanwhile rice will be ready. Drain cooked rice. and add on top of chicken with green peas (if using). Don't mix the rice yet. Cover the pot, let chicken cook for 1 more minute, then switch off leave covered for 2-3 minutes.6. Open the pot, fold gently to mix half of rice and green peas (if using) into the curry chicken. Mix in diced mango, chopped cilantro, and chopped cashews. Serve family-style in the pot.
Savita's Recipe Notes:
What is your favorite chicken and rice recipe? Share it with me in the comments and you will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card!**Giveaway has closed.**
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe