Baked French Dessert
Posted By Savita
- 1 Egg(s) (large)
- 1.5 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries (thawed or fresh)
- 1 tbsp Cognac (Or Brandy mixed with 1 tbsp warm water)
- 1 tsp Sugar (powdered sugar for dusting)
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted and at room temperature)
1. Soak blueberries in Cognac and warm water mixture for about 15 minutes. If using dried berries then soak for at least 30 minutes so that berries absorb Cognac flavor.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease and flour two small individual size baking dishes and set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk together 1 large egg (at room temp). Add sugar and keep whisking. Add flour and stir to combine. Now add heavy cream and melted butter. Make sure both are at about room temprature. Remove blueberries from Cognac and arrange in prepared baking dish. Add the soaking liquid to batter and combine well. Gently pour batter over the blueberries.
4. Bake the Clafoutis untill puffy and golden (about 30 minutes). If using individual baking dishes then serve warm in the same dish after dusting with powdered sugar. Or you can invert Clafoutis in serving tray, dust with powdered sugar and serve warm. Enjoy!!!
Savita's Notes:I used single serving small baking trays to make individual Clafoutis since at my home no one wants to share his Clafoutis with anyone else. For charm of valentine day, you can make one big Clafoutis and enjoy sharing it with your valentine.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.