Smooth, creamy and flavorful, but above-all made with real ingredients, this Queso Blanco Dip takes just 25 minutes to cook start to finish. You will love the flavor!
Homemade Queso Blanco, a perfect cheese dip with chips no matter what the occasion! Loaded with cheese and flavor of chilies - poblano, chipotle. Queso Blanco is a made-from-scratch, made with real ingredients dip that needs only 25 minutes to fly from kitchen to party table. I bet this will end you search for a party crowd favorite queso recipe.
Plus this Queso Blanco is so flexible... Only learn to make the base for Queso and then use any toppings you prefer. Read on for more details.
So, let's enjoy some Chips and Dip today!
What is Queso Blanco?
I'm sure, if you love to be a party host then you are no stranger to Queso. Specially team cheering events like Sunday game or Oscar needs a bowl of Queso and Chips. Don't you think?! :)
Queso is delicious blend of melted cheese, seasonings and a base sauce. A few store bought packaged Queso have just processed cheese. But this Queso Blanco is different. This Queso recipe needs a very lite base sauce (need just three ingredients). Base sauce provides thick and creamy base to the dip. Flavor of base sauce is almost not noticeable when melted nutty freshly grated cheeses, seasonings, and chilies join the warm party. (no room for unprocessed stuff!)
All-in-all, only 12 real ingredients (including salt and butter) that you can pronounce. How good is that?
I must mention that today's recipe is inspired from one of my favorite Queso Blanco that I often ask for at Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant.
Today's Queso Blanco is also because; 1) comes together quick and easy. 2) its a versatile recipe. Make the base sauce, add seasonings and cheese. Choose toppings i.e. chilies, as per your preference.
- For mild flavor, use Roasted Red Peppers.
- For more pronounced Smokey flavor, use all chipotle. (only peppers, rinsed.)
- For more heat, use more serrano and poblano. (diced)
- If not in mood to prepare chilies, just use jarred pickled jalapeno. (small diced)
This Queso Blanco will stay good in refrigerator for up-to a week. (Only if you can manage to save some. ;-))
To re-heat, transfer to a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 1 minute at a time. Stir in-between until its warm/hot to your preference. I highly recommend to serve with warm Tortilla Chips. (heat in microwave safe container for 30 seconds)
Warm bowl of Queso Blanco with warm bowl of chips. Life is a party worth celebrating!
On this delicious note, I would love to hear what is your favorite Party Dip? Share with me in comments section below and let me know.
Stay healthy. Stay safe.
Following dips pair well with Queso Blanco:
Queso Blancoreviews) (6
- 1. Roast Poblano and Prep Ingredients: Wash and wipe dry poblano pepper. Roast on stove flame until spotted and charred from all sides. Set aside to cool. When cool, scrap off skin and seeds. Small dice and set aside. In meantime, rinse and chop chipotle pepper. De-seed and mince serrano pepper. Take sour cream out in a small bowl and set aside. Pour milk in a microwave safe container and heat until lukewarm. Set aside.
- 2. Cook Queso Blanco Base (Béchamel made with Lite Roux): On low-medium heat, in a wide skillet, add butter and let it melt. When butter just start to melt, swirl it around in hot pan to melt more and then sprinkle flour on top. Cook stirring often for 2-3 minutes. Don't let flour burn/brown. Flour should yield nutty aroma but almost no brown color. Now add milk and keep stirring quickly until milk is mixed with flour-butter mixture, and mixture starts to thicken. It takes another 3-4 minutes to thicken the sauce so that it coats back of a spoon.
- 3. Make Queso Blanco: Turn stove heat to lowest. Add all both grated cheeses, along with all three minced peppers, white pepper, salt, and lemon juice. Mix until cheese melts in the sauce. Now add sour cream and mix to incorporate into the queso. Take queso off heat. Taste and adjust salt/lemon juice. Pour on dip bowl and serve with chips of choice. Additional Notes: Tip: Queso tastes extra delicious when served warm.
- Make-Ahead: This Queso Blanco will stay good in refrigerator for up-to a week.
To re-heat, transfer to a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 1 minute at a time. Stir in-between until its warm/hot to your preference. I highly recommend to serve with warm Tortilla Chips. (heat in microwave safe container for 30 seconds
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.