Parmesan Asparagus in Air Fryer
Easy recipe to make Asparagus in Air Fryer in just 17 minutes. Delicious with flavorful parmesan and lemon. Healthy, gluten free, low in carbs. Makes a quick and healthy addition to family dinner.
Try this Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan recipe, a delicious and healthy dinner side ready to serve in just 17 mins! You will love the roasted, air-fried flavor with parmesan cheese and lemon. So addictive and gluten free.
This recipe needs no breading. So prep time is just 2 minutes. If you don't have air fryer, don't worry! I have included instructions to make Roasted Parmesan Asparagus in the oven. (check oven method in the notes)
Air Fryer Asparagus
Air Fryer is a perfect small yet powerful tool to make healthy side dishes in minutes. These days, Air Fryer has become my favorite tool to make healthier green sides for dinner. Air fryer roasted green beans, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower all have made a new improved (delicious) place in my dinner side's menu. Usually, by the time I serve dinner and call family, hot roasted side is ready. Air fryer makes it happen!
For example, Roasted Parmesan Asparagus takes 17 minutes start to finish. Only 3 minutes to preheat air fryer, and then 12-15 minutes to cook depending upon quantity and thickness of asparagus. (more on this ahead)
What Do You Need to make Parmesan Asparagus in Air Fryer?
You guessed it! Ingredients are in the name! Really, it's that simple recipe. Here is what you need:
- Fresh Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon for serving.
Cooking Asparagus in Air Fryer
When cooking asparagus in the air fryer, I make sure to note a few important things. Do these and you will always make the best perfectly roasted asparagus (in air fryer) always.
- Preheat Air Fryer to ensures even cooking from the start. For Ninja foodi fryer, I preheat for 3 minutes.
- Adjust the timings as per quantity and thickness of asparagus and size of air fryer. (more on this ahead)
- Toss Asparagus while cooking a couple of times to get delicious, evenly roasted, air-fryer flavor. (important)
- Sprinkle Cheese (parmesan) only at the end (last 30 seconds to 1 minute).This much time is perfect for parmesan to make a delicious coat on the fresh cooked hot asparagus.
To cook Parmesan Asparagus in Air Fryer, trim and massage asparagus in few teaspoons of the olive oil and then place in preheated air fryer.
Toss a few times to ensure even cooking. Add parmesan cheese and seasonings in last 1 minute of cooking. Scoop hot cooked parmesan with silicon tipped tongs and serve as desired.
TIP: When cooking asparagus in air fryer, Keep an eye for last 3-4 minutes as time to cook asparagus in fryer varies based quantity of asparagus and kind of fryer used.
Timings for Cooking Air Fryer Asparagus
Time to cook asparagus in air fryer vary based on three things:
- Quantity of Asparagus - For example at 390 degrees Fahrenheit (Air Fryer setting), a pound of asparagus is ready in 12-15 minutes.
- Air Fryer Make and Model - Cook a pound of asparagus in Ninja Foodi air fryer takes about 12 minutes.
- Asparagus Thickness - Check pictures (above) and video (coming soon) for the thickness of asparagus bunch that I used. If you find a thick-stem asparagus bunch, that might take 1-2 minute longer to cook. For best results, after first 8 minutes, pause and check asparagus for doneness a few times. If it is not where you want, cook one more minute. Try again and repeat until you get perfectly al-dente asparagus.
What is Perfectly Cooked Asparagus? Perfectly cooked asparagus is crisp green, crisp roasted yet tender. It breaks with a snap when broken in half.
In my experience, Air Frying massaged asparagus at 390 Degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes is the best way to cook asparagus in air fryer. In just 17 minutes, it comes out perfectly cooked, healthier and delicious with coat of parmesan cheese. Splash of fresh lemon juice takes it over the top!
Honestly, this way can serve a delicious "green" dinner side which is low in carb, oil and guilt free. Above all, ready quickly. As I only miss to eat healthy when I can't make it quickly. What's your favorite quick healthy dinner side? I would love to hear!
Serve Roasted Asparagus with:
Parmesan Asparagus in Air Fryerreviews) (6
- 1. Prepare Asparagus for Cooking in Air Fryer: Wash and dry asparagus with a clean kitchen towel. Trim the 1-2 inch of woody stem ends. Drizzle olive oil. Massage and toss to coat asparagus in the oil.
- 2. Air Fry: Insert air fryer rack in the fryer. Preheat fryer for 3 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Add asparagus into the fryer. Set fryer to cook at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Toss asparagus half way, and 1-2 times after that. Keep an eye in last 4 minutes. Additional Notes: Depending on thickness of asparagus, these are ready in 8-12 minutes.
- 3. Season and Serve: Last 30 secons-1 minute of cooking, sprinkle parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Resume to cook for remaining time. Transfer asparagus to serving platter. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
- Note: I used Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer (5.5 Quart) for this recipe. (affiliate link)
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus in Oven - To make same recipe in the oven. Preheat oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Massage asparagus in oil, sprinkle salt and pepper. Spread asparagus on a baking sheet in single layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye last 2 minutes. Don't let asparagus burn. Sprinkle parmesan cheese in last 1 minute of cooking.
- I used about 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese for this recipe.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.