Air Fryer Chicken Breast (Marinated, No Breading)
Moist, juicy Greek marinated Chicken Breast cooked in Air Fryer with green beans for a healthy meal. Make ahead - marinate chicken breast overnight, air fry (including beans) in 15 mins before dinner!
Today's recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Breast makes a healthy, gluten free, keto chicken dinner with garlic-herb marinated chicken breast and green beans. Chicken and beans both are cooked in air fryer in just 15 minutes. Chicken comes out moist, juicy and very flavorful.
This recipe needs no breading. So prep time is shorter and meal low in carbs and keto diet friendly. If you are watching diet then this is The chicken dinner for you. If you don't have air fryer, don't worry. Simply marinate chicken as descried in Recipe Card and then bake in the oven.
Announcement I have decided to share all my air fryer recipes on the blog. Check back every Wednesday for a new recipe. Today's recipe is first into Air Fryer Recipe Wednesday series.
This will become your go-to air fryer chicken dinner. You will love the flavors! So let's make moist and juicy, air fryer chicken breast today!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Cooking moist and juicy chicken breast in air fryer, in matter of minutes, is one of the Top reason why I use my air fryer every day. For this recipe, I marinate chicken breast (boneless and skinless) in Greek style marinate of lemon, herbs and garlic. That's it. Once marinated, cook chicken in air fryer. Read on to know more tips and details.
What Do You Need to Make Moist Chicken Breast in Air Fryer?
Ingredients to make moist chicken breast in air fryer are easy to find pantry staples. Here is what you need to make marinate for chicken:
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- Herbs - Oregano & Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
Marinade helps to tenderize chicken and infuse with delicious herb, garlic and lemon flavor.
To make chicken in air fryer, I start with marinating the chicken. Either leave chicken in marinade to marinate for at-least 20-30 minutes or refrigerate until ready to use (up-to overnight)
Cooking Moist Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
My experience with air fryer has taught me three important things to note while cooking perfectly moist chicken breast in air fryer. i.e.
- Preheat Air Fryer - This ensures even cooking from the start. Chicken cook golden browns from outside and juicy inside.
- Adjust the timings as per the side/make and model of air fryer. (more on this ahead)
- Flip Chicken Breast half way through cooking. This ensure that chicken cooks evenly. Also gives good idea of how long it will take to chicken to be fully done. (very important to avoid dry chicken breast)
I used Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer (5.5 quart) and cooked boneless skinless chicken breast for this recipe. As shown in pictures above, process of cooking is very simple:
- Marinate Chicken Breast for at-least 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer and place marinated breast on air fryer rack. Cook 5 minutes.
- Flip after 5 minutes and add seasoned beans.
- Cook additional five minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If cooking beans, make sure to stir twice (every 2 mins) for even cooking.
Air Fryer Timings for Cooking Chicken Breast
Time to cook chicken breast in air fryer vary based on two things:
- Size of Chicken Breast. For example, when air fried at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, smaller chicken breasts will be ready in 10 minutes where as large chicken breasts will take 12-14 minutes.
- Size of Air Fryer. For example, if an air fryer is bigger in size (i.e. more space to circulate hot air), it will cook faster than smaller. So to ensure proper cooking, always preheat air fryer for 3 minutes. After first 5 minutes of cooking, flip chicken and then cook 5 minutes, then on keep an eye and check every 2 minutes for doneness.
Air fryer makes cooking fun and fast! I've been using it more than my pressure cooker. (which says a lot) If you are still thinking to buy an air fryer, I can tell you that it's a worth investment. The time I've saved by cooking dinner in air fryer has already paid off my investment (plus few folds).
If you have an air fryer recipe in mind that I should share on the blog? Leave a message below and let me know.
Happy Air Frying!
Moist Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Learn how to make moist marinated Chicken Breast in air fryer with green beans for lite and healthy dinner. This recipe makes chicken breast including green beans in air fryer in 15 minutes. This recipe needs no breading. So prep time is shorter and meal low in carbs and keto diet friendly.
Try These Chicken Breast Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Breast (Marinated, No Breading)reviews) (4
- 1 lbs Chicken (2 boneless skinless breasts)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic (2 cloves, grated)
- Fresh Herbs (such as parsley for serving)
- 1. Marinate Chicken: In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except chicken. Whisk to combine. Add chicken breasts and coat in the marinade. Marinate for at-least 20 minutes (up-to overnight).
- 2. Preheat Air Fryer: When ready to cook, preheat air fryer for 3 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3. Air Fry Chicken Breast: Place all marinated chicken breasts on the air fryer rack, place air fryer basket into the air fryer chamber. Set fryer to air fry at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. After first 5 minutes, pause fryer, flip chicken with a tong. Start fryer again and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through. Additional Notes: See Note if cooking green beans and air fryer timings.
- 4. Garnish and Serve: Once chicken is cooked, transfer to serving plates. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve green beans (if cooked) on the side.
- Green Beans - To cook green beans with chicken breast. Coat 8 oz (227 grams) French Beans (ends trimmed) in 1 teaspoons of olive oil. Massage to coat beans in the oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the top. When flipping chicken after first 5 minutes of cooking, place prepared beans on the side of chicken. To ensure even cooking, pause fryer and toss beans with tong at-least 2 times.
- Note: French beans are thin and cook faster than regular green beans. If using regular green beans, cook separately or adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Air Fryer Timings for cooking Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breast - Timings vary based on size of chicken breast and size of air fryer. For example, when air fried at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, smaller chicken breasts will be ready in 10 minutes where as large chicken breasts will take 12-14 minutes. Also, if an air fryer is bigger in size (i.e. more space to circulate hot air), it will cook faster than smaller. So to ensure proper cooking, always preheat air fryer for 3 minutes. After first 5 minutes of cooking, flip chicken and then cook 5 minutes, then on keep an eye and check every 2 minutes for doneness.
- Note: I used Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer (5.5 Quart) for this recipe. (affiliate link)
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.