Oven Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Dill Sauce
It is all about Roasting Asparagus today! Learn to cook crisp tender, perfectly cooked Roasted Asparagus in the oven, enjoy with homemade Sour Cream Lemon Dill sauce. This recipe is easy to serve for an informal weeknight meal, but also delicious to accompany as a fancy side for an elaborate family dinner. Either way, you will love the flavors.
Raise hand if you are Asparagus fan! My hands are always up. Love it. Specially, can't beat the healthy and quick cooked asparagus roasted in oven in just 8 minutes. While asparagus roasts, make the Lemon Dill Sauce and saute a protein of your choice. Shrimp, Salmon or chicken, all go well with roasted asparagus.
You need only four ingredients to cook asparagus in the oven. Namely, asparagus, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Pretty simple! Isn't it?
Coating asparagus in olive oil before roasting helps protect the asparagus from wilting when roasted under high heat, at the same time adds nice flavor reminiscent of asparagus sauteed in olive oil.
The best part of cooking in oven is that you don't need to perch on Stove Top. Simply, preheat the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat asparagus in olive oil, salt and black pepper. Place asparagus on a sheet pan in single layer and then roast.
Only 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees oven roasts asparagus just right. Crisp green, tender and never mushy. In my humble opinion, roasting is the perfect way to cook asparagus without much effort or any expertise.
If you notice, there is no need to use a lot of oil to roast asparagus. Only 1-2 tbsp does the job. If you are in mood of Sheet Pan dinner, you can roast protein along with asparagus. Any lean and quick-cooking protein such shrimp, salmon, tofu (vegetarian) will cook, roasted perfectly, in 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit oven.
Lemon Dill Sauce
All veggies of Asparagus family such as Broccoli, Cabbage, Brussel Sprouts get good flavor boast from splash of lemon. No wonder, the combination of salmon, asparagus with lemon sauce is world famous. With this recipe of Sour Cream Lemon Dill Sauce, I'm giving you a quintessential creamy lemon sauce which goes well with lots of veggies/protein besides asparagus.
To make the sauce, you need 5 main ingredients - sour cream, mayo, dill weed leaves, lemon juice and mustard. Mix these ingredients, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. That's it. Creamy tangy Lemon Dill Sauce is ready.
Sauce stays good in refrigerator up-to 2 weeks. Even though, sauce comes together very quickly... You can make-ahead sauce on weekend and serve with your favorite dinner any time on weeknights. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
Tip: You can also make Dill Sauce egg-free by swapping mayo with a vegan mayo or Greek non-fat yogurt.
Asparagus On the Menu in all of these Spring inspired recipes. The best part of this collection is the variety of way you can cook asparagus. Roasted, baked, sauteed, blanched or pureed to a delicious asparagus soup. Any way you like it, I got you covered!
- Roasted Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner
- Creamy Asparagus Pasta
- Asparagus Soup
- Garlic Butter Roasted Salmon with Asparagus
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Blanched Asparagus
- Vegan Asparagus Soup
- Kimchi Garlic Sauteed Asparagus
- Asparagus and Pear Salad with Walnuts
Start with this delicious Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Dill Sauce. Find inspiration to try next Asparagus recipe from the list.
Pair Roasted Asparagus with Baked Chicken for dinner.
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Dill Saucereviews) (2
- 1. Preheat Oven: Preheat oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line full baking sheet with aluminium foil. Set aside.
- 2. Roast Asparagus: Trim the hard ends of asparagus. (about 1-2 inch). Place asparagus in prepared sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil on the top. Toss asparagus to coat in oil. Season with generous few pinch of salt and black pepper. Spread on sheet, top with slices of lemon. Roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye last 2 minutes, don't let asparagus char.
- 3. Prepare Lemon Dill Sauce: In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for sauce - Sour cream, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, dill leaves, salt and black pepper. Whisk until well combined and creamy. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper.
- 4. Assemble and Serve Asparagus: Serve roasted asparagus drizzled with Lemon Dill Sauce. Serve lemon on side for squeezing on asparagus. Seafood such as Salmon or Shrimp go well with asparagus and lemon sauce.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.