Roasted Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
Loaded with Mediterranean flavors, quick and healthy Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus for dinner?! Count me in!
This recipe of Sheet Pan Roasted Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus with cherry tomatoes check all boxes for an easy healthy dinner. It is quick, weeknight-approved, needs only one pan, has lean-protein and low carbs. Above all, the Mediterranean flavor of garlic and paprika seasoned roasted shrimp with quick pan lemon-sauce dressing is utterly delicious. This will be your season's favorite quick and tasty dinner!
This recipe for Shrimp and Asparagus is also Keto, Gluten Free and Whole30 diet friendly.
We love asparagus with seafood - shrimp, salmon, for dinner. Asparagus makes perfect hearty green side and lean-protein shrimp/salmon cook very quickly. Can you believe, this garlic shrimp and asparagus with tomatoes roast perfectly in oven, all in one pan, in just 8-10 minutes?! That's what makes this dinner weeknight approved. Let's get cooking!
ROASTED SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS:
It is easy to make shrimp and asparagus in one pan because both cook perfectly in same amount of time. Like I mentioned, 8-10 minutes in oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit makes perfect temperature to roast garlic shrimp and cook asparagus as well. Since recipe is so easy, there is no need for any pre-prep or make ahead.
Ingredients for this meal are also simple pantry-staples. Buy fresh Shrimp and Asparagus, Tomatoes, rest of the ingredients you will find in your pantry.
To make Roasted Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus, you will need:
- Shrimp, tail-on
- Fresh Asparagus
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh Herbs
- salt, & black pepper
Note: I used tail-on shrimp for this recipe, you can also remove tails.
To roast shrimp and asparagus, I start by pre-heating the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
While oven heats, I prepare a Mediterranean-flavor inspired herb, garlic, oregano and paprika marinade for Shrimp. Coat shrimp in marinade and transfer to one side of baking sheet. On the other half, I place the seasoned asparagus in single layer. (Placing asparagus in single layer on sheet pan helps Asparagus roast evenly.)
Once everything is on the baking sheet, roast shrimp and asparagus for 8-10 minutes. In this time, shrimp gets succulent and perfectly cooked loaded with garlic and paprika flavor. Asparagus is crisp tender. Tomatoes just start to blister and taste sweet and juicy.
QUICK PAN SAUCE LEMON DRESSING:
I also make a quick lemon dressing to drizzle on the roasted shrimp.
Always remember - Garlic, Shrimp and lemon equals a tasty combination of flavors!!
After I transfer cooked shrimp and asparagus to a serving bowl. In the sheet pan, add lemon juice to collect dripping of shrimp garlic marinade for a flavorful lemon dressing. Pour it over cooked shrimp before serving.
That's it! The perfect lite and delicious Shrimp dinner is ready to devour!
Note: Recipe doubles or halves easily. You can make it a bigger or smaller batch as per preference.
Let me summarize why should you try this Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus for dinner tonight!
- Bursting with Mediterranean flavors: Flavor of garlic, oregano, olive oil lemon and paprika. This meal is healthy and delicious at the same time.
- Healthy: It is Keto, Gluten Free, Low-carb dinner. No matter which diet you following this year? It checks all boxes for a healthy dinner.
- One pan and done: This one Sheet Pan is dinner weeknight approved with no need of pre-prep and just on sheet pan to clean.
- Seasonal: Dinner like this are my favorite way to include seasonal vegetables such asparagus, cherry tomatoes in my diet. If you ever wonder what to make with asparagus this season?! Start with this Roasted Asparagus and Shrimp dinner!
More Asparagus recipes from the blog:
- Garlic Butter Roasted Salmon and Asparagus
- Bang Bang Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Chimichuri Shrimp with Asparagus
Try more Mediterranean recipes from the blog:
- Greek Shrimp Orzo Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Saganaki
- Ratatouille Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Greek Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Tahini Sauce
- Shakshuka - Mediterranean Tomato and Egg Breakfast
What is your favorite thing to make with Asparagus? Write a comment below and share with me.
Happy cooking! -Savita
Roasted Garlic Shrimp and Asparagusreviews) (2
- 1. Preheat Oven: Preheat oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. You will need two half or 1 full size baking sheet for roasting. Set aside.
- 2. Prepare Asparagus: Trim the hard ends of asparagus. (about 1-2 inch). Place asparagus in sheet pan. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on the top. Toss asparagus to coat in oil. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of the black pepper. Arrange half of asparagus on one side of first sheet pan, second half in second sheet pan. Set aside.
- 3. Prepare Shrimp: In a bowl, add shrimp and drizzle remaining 1.5 tbsp of the olive oil on the top. Now, add paprika, minced garlic, oregano, 1/2 tsp of salt and black pepper. Toss to coat shrimp in oil and seasonings. Transfer seasoned shrimp into prepared baking sheets. Equally divide in two sheets and place on the other side of the asparagus.
- 4. Prepare Cherry Tomatoes: Add cherry tomatoes in now empty bowl that had shrimp. Coat tomatoes in any remaining oil and seasoning from the bowl. Scatter tomatoes on sheet pan or place between asparagus and shrimp in single layer.
- 5. Roast Shrimp and Asparagus: Roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 8-9 minutes. Once roasted, take out of the oven. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 6. Make Sauce, Assemble and Serve:: After 5 minutes, transfer shrimp, asparagus and tomatoes to a serving platter. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in each empty sheet pan. Use spoon to mix it with drippings garlic-shrimp marinade to create quick lemon dressing. Pour dressing on top of the shrimp. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve and enjoy!
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Leave a Message:
Did you try the recipe? Do you have feedback or a question? Leave a message below.
Roxanne WymerExcellent! So easy and just a few ingredients! Definitely a new “ go to” for me! I can’t love this flavor any more!!!!!!
KeithWow! This was excellent. I was a bit hesitant with the paprika, but it really added a nice touch! I was really able to taste the lemon juice and herbs added at the end. And it only took a few minutes to prep and cook.
SavitaThanks for letting me know.