Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
Make crispy roasted Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer with this 30 mins recipe. Delicious with flavorful double balsamic glaze - roasted with balsamic and drizzled on the top. You will love the flavors!
Make delicious roasted Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer. Bursting with flavor of double balsamic maple glaze, this recipe is perfect addition to holiday family dinner.
In Air Fryer, Brussel Sprouts roast crispy, yet are tender and cooked through. The savory, sweet and sour coat of balsamic glaze makes this my special favorite. You can't miss the aroma of sprouts roasting the kitchen. So addictive! Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and low carb.
Brussel Sprout is one of my favorite seasonal vegetable. If you like Brussel Sprouts, I'm sure you will love - Crispy Brussel Sprouts Apple Salad, Soy Glazed Brussel Sprouts, Coconut Curry Brussel Sprouts.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Air Fryer is perfect for roasting and smart frying. Almost everything that you can roast in oven, can be roasted in Air Fryer in much less time. I specially like the fact that there is just a 3-4 minutes of preheating. Saves so much time! I love to roast vegetables for dinner side all year long. Now in air fryer, by the time I serve dinner and call family, hot roasted side is ready. Air Fryer delivers!
It is a good time-saving kitchen gadget if you love roasting and cooking low-oil version of your favorite fried food.
Roasting 2 pounds of Brussel sprouts in the air fryer takes about 20-22 minutes. I like to preheat fryer for 3 minutes before use. This ensure consistent and even cooking.
What Do You Need to Make Balsamic Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer?
Ingredients for this recipe are easy to find and pantry staples. You don't need grocery trip to make Balsamic Brussel Sprouts if you have a bunch of Brussel sprouts in refrigerator.
Here is what you need to make Balsamic Brussel Sprouts:
- Brussel Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
Cooking Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Follow these notes when cooking sprouts in the air fryer. These will help you make consistent crispy, yet cooked through and tender Brussel sprouts every time.
- Preheat Air Fryer to ensures even cooking from the start. For Ninja foodi fryer, I preheat for 3 minutes.
- Adjust the timings as per quantity of Brussel Sprouts.
- Toss Brussel Sprouts a couple of times for even roasting. To ensure even cooking in Air Fryer, toss Brussel Sprouts a few times. To toss, pause the air fryer, take out and shake basket 1-2 times. Avoid using tongs and those crush cooked sprouts.
- Don't use air fryer rack when roasted Brussel sprouts with balsamic. As sprouts cook, balsamic sitting at the bottom coats the sprouts and infuses in the flavor.
I always first let the brussel sprouts roast with oil and pepper in air fryer until these start getting crispy. Next add balsamic mixture. Toss a few times when cooking with balsamic for more consistent balsamic flavor.
TIP: Cook and serve extra balsamic glaze on the side for extra-special saucy Balsamic Brussel Sprouts. (highly recommended)
Time for Cooking Brussel Sprouts
I use Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer. It takes 20-22 minutes at Air Roast setting to roast crispy and tender brussel sprouts. Time also vary based on quantity of sprouts. e.g. 1 pound sprouts crisp quickly and are ready in 15-18 minutes.
Not only this Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze is a recipe to celebrate the festive season. It is also a healthy and quick addition to family dinner. Leftovers are perfect to pack for lunch. Ready much faster and low in calories. We love serving these whole season. I hope you will like this recipe as much as we do.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
Learn how to make Crispy Air Roasted Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer with delicious Balsamic Glaze. These Air Roasted Brussel Sprouts are crispy and coated in double coat of balsamic. So delicious and addictive that you will start cooking brussel sprouts in air fryer, very often.
Serve Brussel Sprouts with
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glazereviews) (5
- Brussel Sprouts
- 2 lbs Brussel Sprout (washed, trimmed)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Balsamic Glaze
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Mustard (good dijon mustard)
- 2 tsp Garlic (2-3 cloves, grated)
- 1. Prepare Brussel Sprouts Ingredients: Slice cleaned Brussel sprouts into half, quarter the large brussel sprouts pieces. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on sprouts. Toss to coat all sprouts in oil and salt. Set aside. In a bowl mix, all of the balsamic glaze ingredients. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat Air Fryer: Remove air fryer rack from air fryer. Preheat air fryer at 390 degrees Fahrenheit on Air Roast setting, for 3 minutes.
- 3. Air Roast Brussel Sprouts: Add seasoned Brussel sprouts into the air fryer's basket. Insert basket into fryer. Set fryer to Air Roast at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 minutes. Roast for first 7 mins, pause and toss once in-between. After 7 mins, pause fryer and drizzle half of the balsamic mixture on the sprouts. Toss to coat. Continue cooking for remaining time, pause and toss once in-between. Keep an eye in last 3-4 minutes to prevent over charring. Additional Notes: See Note 1 for more on Time to Cook.
- 4. Prepare Balsamic Glaze: While brussel sprouts cook, add remaining reserved balsamic mixture into a small sauce pan. Add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to boil and then simmer at medium heat until mixture starts to thicken (about 5 minutes). See Note 2.
- 5. Glaze and Serve: Transfer cooked sprouts to a serving bowl. Drizzle few spoons of glaze on the top. Serve remaining glaze on the side for self serving. See Note 3.
- Cooking Time: In Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer, it takes 20-22 minutes at Air Roast setting to roast crispy and tender brussel sprouts. Time also vary based on quantity of sprouts. e.g. 1 pound sprouts crisp quickly and are ready in 15-18 minutes.
- Balsamic Glaze: Keep an eye while cooking glaze. Take glaze off heat when it just starts to thicken. Don't be tempted to let it thicken too much as glaze will continue to thicken as it cools down.
- Calories per serving accounts for using all of the balsamic glaze.
- Note: I used Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer (5.5 Quart) for this recipe. (affiliate link)
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.