Chickpea Flour Pancakes
Savory, Health and Delicious
Posted On: May, 12 | Author: Savita
Nothing says comfort like the smell of homemade pancakes. Homemade pancakes are not only delicious but more nutritious and healthy. These pancakes have a healthy dose of chickpea flour which is nutty and slightly sweet in taste and very good for health. They are so easy to make and such a delight to eat and share, I am sure your family will love it and you will be happy that you tried this chickpea flour pancake recipe.
Chickpea Flour Pancakes
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Indian (Breakfast, Bread)
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5-6 Curry Leaf (Optional)
- 2/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk (at room temperature)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg(s)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Hot Green Pepper (small) (finely chopped (optional))
- 1-2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Green Onion (chopped (Scallions))
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1. In a small sauté pan, melt 1 tbsp butter. Add mustard seeds. When they start sputtering, add curry leaves, scallions and chopped green pepper. Sauté for 1 minute. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Now add remaining 2 tbsp butter in pan. It will melt from heat contents in pan. Let the mixture cool down.
- 2. In a bowl, stir together all-purpose flour and chickpea flour (garbanzo flour), baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk and egg until blended. Add sauted onion and butter mixture to milk and stir to combine. (Make sure onion butter mixture is at room temprature or it can scramble the egg in milk) Pour this milk and butter mixture in the flour and gently fold in with rubber spatula. Additional Notes: Just use 15-18 strokes to combine ingredients. Mixture will be lumpy.
- 3. Heat the skillet and coat the skillet with small amount of butter. when butter is bubbly pour 1/4 cup of batter Additional Notes: do not spread the batter or your pancakes will not be fluffy
- 4. Turn the pancakes after 2-3 minutes, and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes. Serve the pancakes with Mint chutney or your favorite sauce
Savita's Notes:To easily and quickly pull this pancake recipe on a weekday, mix all the dry ingredients given below and use this dry mix as a savory pancake mix, just add wet ingredients and you are good to go. These pancake goes good with Mint Chutney
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe