Posted By Savita
This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka - Chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then grilled or baked in Conventional Oven Or traditional Indian Tandoor. It is popular in countries all over the world.
Serve it as Appetizer with onion and Green Chutney of your choice. Chicken Tikka and Vegetarian Paneer Tikka makes an excellent platter for parties.
I recently shared one more updated Chicken Tikka Recipe which you can prepare in oven for quick and easy weekday dinner. Check the recipe here: Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
- 1 lbs Chicken (Boneless Breast Meat)
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek (Dry Leaves of Methi)
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (Juice)
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt (Greek Yogurt Or Remove excess water from regular Yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- tsp Salt (To Taste)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Wash chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. Cut it in 3" to 4" pieces. For best results, make sure that chicken is fully dry (no water dripping). Take all of the above mentioned ingredients (except chicken) in a bowl and mix well.2. Add chicken pieces and make sure to coat marinade to all sides. Transfer all contents to zip lock bag, close the bag and refrigerate for 3-4 hour (preferably overnight). So that chicken absorbs flavor from marinade.
3. Skew chicken pieces and grill on a charcoal grill untill done. You can also use conventional Oven (400 degree F) for about 20-25 minutes or untill fully cooked.
Additional NotesIf cooking in oven, make sure to turn skewers upside down half through cooking.4. Enjoy Chicken Tikaa with your choice of chutney.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.