Morel Mushroom Curry
Potato Curry with Morels and Sweet Peas
Posted On: Apr, 21 | Author: Savita
Sharing with you today - recipe of Indian Potato Curry with Green Peas and Morels (Dried Mushroom Variety). Morels are generally available dried but if you can find fresh that will be even better. Morels have earthy and meaty texture and when paired with curry; Morels are very succulent and tasty. Starch in potatoes will thicken the gravy and sweetness of peas will compliment spicy curry. I have kept spice level medium in ingredients, but if you like curries more spicy feel free to increase curry powder and/or add 1/2 tsp of red pepper powder for extra kick.
Morel Mushroom Curry
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Indian (Curry, Main Course)
- 1 Cup Morels
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Potatoes (medium size)
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 1 Hot Green Pepper (small) (optional)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Red Onion (Fine chopped)
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (Fine chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (paste)
- 1 tsp Garlic (paste)
- 2-3 Curry Leaf
1. If using dry morels, wash with luke warm water.2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in pressure cooker, add onion and fry till edges are light golden. Add curry powder, ginger and garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and salt and fry till oil separates. If not using pressure cooker, you can also cook this curry a deep pan.
3. Add potatoes and 1 cup water. Pressure cook for five minutes. Or if using deep pan instead of pressure cooker, then add 1 and 1/2 cup water, bring to boil, then simmer for about 7-8 minutes.4. Now add morels and green peas. Pressure cook again for 3 minutes or continue cooking on pan for another 6-8 minutes till potatoes and morels are tender. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve with Indian style Chapati or Rice.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe