Steamed Chickpea Flour Snack
Posted By Savita
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 tbsp Fruit Salt (Eno)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon (Juice)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (For Garnish)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Canola Oil
- 2-3 Curry Leaf (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Coconut (grated Optional)
1. Mix chickpea flour with 4 tbsp. water and 1/8 tsp salt. Make pancake like batter and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In meantime, heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and wait till they start sputtering. Add turmeric, curry leaf and fry for 30 seconds. Now add 1 cup water, salt, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to boil and then switch off the heat.
Additional NotesLet this mixture completely cool down.
3. Grease mold that can fit in your steamer,( I am using idili molds). Add 1 tbsp. of Fruit Salt to chickpea batter. Mix well. Batter will become very airy due to Baking Soda in fruit salt. Add 1 heaping tbsp. in all molds or if using single large mold then transfer all contents into the mold. Place mold carefully in steamer pot and steam for 7 minutes.
Additional NotesIf using microwave steamer, that takes 4 minutes to steam Dhokla.
4. Transfer steamed Dhokla to a deep dish, pour water mixture over dhokla and let it soak for 3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and grated coconut and serve at room temperature.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.