Banana Raisin Bread
Vegan & Moist Banana bread, a "must bake" for every bake sale season
Posted By Savita
This scrumptious bread does not last more than 24 hours at my house. If I am able to hide few slices for more than a day, I usually wrap individual slices in plastic wrap or parchment for a lunch on-the-go or breakfast.
Banana Raisin Bread
- 3 Banana (Ripe Banana)
- 1/4 Cup Raisins (Golden or California Rasinis)
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 to 2 tsp Unsalted Butter (only to prepare the loaf pan OR use Cocoa Butter for vegan alternative)
- 1 & 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ginger (powder ginger)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Oranges (Zest of one medium orange)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Prepare a loaf pan with butter and flour and set aside. In a bowl, using hand mixer or a whisk, beat oil and honey together.
Additional NotesDo not worry if honey sets at the bottom of oil. Just whisk once again before mixing with other ingredients.
2. In an another bowl, add ripe bananas, salt, orange zest and ginger. Mash with a fork or use blender / food processor. I used fork for mashing - one less cleanup :)
3. Add banana to oil and honey mixture. Now, add baking soda (mixed in 1/8 cup of hot water) and combine well. Add flour and mix well, scraping sides of bowl. Add raisins and stir to combine. Add to prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake for about 50-60 minutes. Check at 50 minutes, then if needed, bake 5-10 more minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with hot milk or wrap individual slices in cling wrap for Bake Sale.
Additional NotesCooking time may vary with use of dark or light container or size of banana. It took me about 1 hr 5 minutes to bake it.
Savita's Notes:Homemade Banana Bread won't keep well at room temperature for more than 2-3 days because it is has no preservatives. So, to store longer, pack in air tight container and then refrigerate. Ingredients in this bread make it vegan, only I recommend use of Cocoa Butter / Oil Spray for preparing the loaf pan (instead of regular butter).
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.