Salmon With Potato Hash
with Curried and Lemony Butter Sauce
Posted By Savita
Grated potatoes and shallow fried Salmon over a bed of potato hash for crisp potato fry flavor and lite and less greasy fish – my take on Fish and Chips.
But that’s not all, I love (means adore) lemony touch with any fish dish (lemons and fish is match made in heaven, don’t you think!!) So, the real kicker in this recipe is my curry lemon butter sauce. My husband was yumms-ommms for the sauce when I made it last weekend.
Here is the recipe for my European & French inspired – Salmon and Potato Hash with curried lemony butter sauce. Yummy!!
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Salmon With Potato Hash
- 2 Potatoes (Medium Size)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 lbs Salmon
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Lemon (Juice)
- 1/2 Cup White Onion
- 2 tbsp Red Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (Grated Or Paste)
- Salt and Black Pepper
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Take about 2 inch piece of Salmon, thyme, white onion, salt, pepper (per your taste - about 1/4 tsp each) and process it in a food processor.2. Grinded mixture should have thick paste consistency. Also, grate potatoes using largest setting of grater and boil in hot boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain water and pat dry with towel.
3. Clean and cut Salmon pieces ( if needed). Or ask your butcher to clean and cut salmon in 5-6 inches long pieces.4. Take piece of salmon, season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Now apply 1 tbsp of salmon onion paste on fish. And then stick grated potatoes on both sides.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add potato crusted salmon in pan and fry both side till fish cooked to your liking (potatoes are crisp brown). Carefully turn sides since potato mixture tends to fall apart.6. For sauce, heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and chopped red onion. Fry for 1 minute (do not let garlic brown too much) Add turmeric and coriander powder, fry for 30 seconds.
7. Now add 2 tbsp butter and juice of 1 lemon. Heat only till butter melts (approx. 1 minute).8. Pour it over salmon and serve hot.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.