Avocado Tuna Salad
Healthy Tuna Salad with avocado and zesty Mustard dressing without mayo. You will love the flavors.
Delicious Avocado Tuna Salad with chunky tuna, avocado, eggs, cucumber, and zesty no-mayo Mustard-Lime dressing. This tuna salad is easy, healthy and down-right delicious salad you have ever had. It is also gluten free, dairy free and good for keto diet.
Tuna Salad with avocado is one of our family-favorite salad whenever avocado and cucumber are in season. I make a zesty mustard-vinaigrette style dressing without mayo which compliments the creamy avocado and brings out the flavor of tuna even more. All-in-all it is a vibrant salad. Whether you like to fill it in sandwich, eat with crackers or for a salad-lover like me eat-with-spoon.. you will fall-in-love with flavors.
So, I say, feed-your-eyes with pictures of this scrumptious Tuna Salad and get inspired to make some tonight! (You have most ingredients for this recipe in your pantry)
TUNA AND AVOCADO SALAD
Tuna Salad and Avocado are made for each other. This mixture makes great filling for stuffing in tomatoes, or blood oranges like my recipe for Stuffed Blood Orange Tuna Salad.
This Tuna Salad recipe needs very simple (mostly) pantry and fridge ingredients. I use oil-packed organic albacore tuna. If you have tuna in pantry, you will only need avocado, cucumber, eggs, and fresh herbs from refrigerator. You can also use celery for more crunch.
This is a healthy salad with good fats from avocado, no mayo and lite mustard dressing. No dairy, no sugar, and no gluten ingredients makes it perfect for Keto Diet as well. This salad is mayo free. I did use hard boiled eggs to make it more substantial. You can make it your own by replacing eggs with just egg whites or skip egg completely.
Keeping today's post short and simple just like this delicious Avocado tuna Salad.
Love avocado? Try these amazing Avocado Salads:
Avocado Tuna Saladreview) (1
- Tuna Salad
- 10 Oz Tuna (2 can best-quality tuna, packed in oil)
- 3 Avocado (pitted and small diced)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (medium red onion, small diced)
- 3 Green Onion (small chopped white and green parts)
- 1 Cucumber (hot-house or 3-4 Persian cucumbers, small diced)
- 2 Egg(s) (hard-boiled eggs, cooled and small diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (de-seeded and small minced)
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Bunch Cilantro (fresh leaves, small chopped)
- Tuna Salad Dressing
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Black Pepper (adjust as per taste)
- 1 tbsp Mustard (stone-ground Dijon mustard)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha (or Harissa, adjust as per taste)
- 3 tbsp Lemon (Juice)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1. Marinate Red Onion: In a small bowl add diced red onion, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar with pinch of salt. Mix and set aside.
- 2. Prepare Tuna Salad Dressing: In meantime, in a wide large mixing bowl, add all dressing ingredients - olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, cumin powder, sriracha with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Whisk to emulsify.
- 3. Prepare Tuna Salad: Drain canned tuna and flake with fork. Add to the mixing bowl, on top of the dressing. Also add diced avocado, marinated red onion along with any remaining vinegar, diced green onion, diced cucumber, minced jalapeno, cilantro and diced hard boiled eggs. Gently toss to mix everything with dressing sitting at the bottom of the bowl. Taste and adjust salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- 4. Refrigerate until ready to serve: Refrigerate until ready to serve. If serving later, keep the pit of avocado in the salad to prevent avocado from turning brown. Make sure to discard the pit before serving. Enjoy Tuna Salad!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe