Greek Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad
This Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad has delicious flavor of Greek Herb Chicken with creamy avocado, feta and to-die-for Greek dressing.
Posted By Savita
An amazing Cucumber Avocado Salad with flavorful Greek Chicken, sweet tomatoes, red onion, olives, and feta. Loaded with Mediterranean flavors and creamy avocado this salad is the perfect addition to your Summer Dinner Menu. Gluten-free, carb-free.
The combination of buttery avocado with briny olives, feta, and Greek oregano dressing is to-die-for. Really, one-more-serving-please kinda delicious. You will LOVE the flavors.
This Chicken Salad is also my favorite because here dressing does double work; it is a 1) Salad Dressing 2) Marinate for Chicken. This salad is inspired from my Greek Chicken Souvlaki kabobs recipe. The oregano marinade for Chicken Souvlaki is so delicious, I keep a big jar of the marinade in refrigerator. From marinating chicken to quick salad dressing, it helps me many ways and flavors is always spot-on! (can never go wrong with oregano)
Remember the Chinese Honey-Mustard Chicken Salad I shared last week? That dressing also has similar qualities of marinade + dressing.
Greek Salad Dressing:
To make Greek Chicken for this salad, I start by making the Salad Dressing. It is super quick to mix. All ingredients from ingredient list in Recipe Card except garlic. To keep salad taste fresh longer, I don't add garlic in the dressing. Instead, I add minced garlic to a portion of dressing which will be marinade for chicken.
Greek Chicken Marinade:
Marinade is a portion of dressing mixed with finely minced garlic, parsley, generous pinch of salt and black pepper. You will be amazed some garlic and minced parsley transform Salad Dressing to a delicious Greek-style marinade for chicken.
30 minutes in marinade and chicken is flavorful, ready to grill or pan-sear. The sweetness of marinade caramelize the chicken on cooking, and earthy oregano, garlic, and lemon add delicious Greek flavor.
This simple hack saves time and makes a salad so good it will be your favorite all summer long.
While chicken is marinating and dressing is ready... Preparing Avocado Salad is as easy as 1-2-3.
To assemble the salad, I toss diced avocado, cucumber, olives, red onion, feta cheese with half of remaining dressing. Just like any avocado salad, it is best to assemble avocado salad just before serving and mix in dressing right after cutting avocado. Acid in the dressing will keep avocado fresh, vibrant and not let oxidize quickly.
Tip: Coating just diced avocado in a splash of lime juice also helps to keep it vibrant green longer.
Because this salad has avocado - salad has double dose of creaminess; 1) from avocado 2) from room temperature feta cheese. Salty feta also makes earthy avocado taste so OMG delicious that I wonder why not every Avocado Salad has feta cheese.
I hope you will enjoy this salad as much as we do. For more Greek Inspired Summer dinner menu I recommend trying:
Wish you a wonderful day. -Savita
Greek Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 2 Avocado (ripe yet firm avocado, diced)
- 2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (large one halved)
- 1 Cucumber (hothouse, or 4-5 persian, diced)
- 1 Cup Red Onion (thin sliced)
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese (small diced)
- 1 Cup Olives (pitted, kalamata or mix)
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 1 lbs Chicken (boneless breast, or tenders)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon (juice)
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt and Black Pepper
Cucumber Avocado Salad
*Greek Herb Chicken Marinade + Dressing
1. Make Salad Dressing: In food processor jar add all dressing (except garlic) - oregano, 2 tbsp parsley, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, chili flakes, with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Pulse until smooth and herbs are chopped. Set aside.
2. Marinate Chicken - In a plastic bag, add fine minced garlic and 1/4 cup of dressing with generous pinch of salt. Mix well, add chicken tender, and coat in marinade. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes (up-to 4 hrs).
3. Cook Chicken: Heat a heavy bottom skillet or outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken (pan should be hot enough that chicken sizzle on contact.) and let it cook undisturbed until chicken leaves pan/grill and down-side is seared. Flip the chicken to sear other side, then cover pan on and turn stove on medium 3-4 minutes or chicken is fully cooked. Take out of pan and leave aside to rest and cool down.
4. Assemble Salad: In a wide bowl, add all chopped salad ingredients along with cooked diced chicken with half of the salad dressing. Toss to coat everything in dressing. Drizzle remaining dressing and feta on top before serving. Serve and Enjoy!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.