Shrimp Saganaki - (Shrimp, Tomato and Feta Dip)
Spiced flavorful Greek Shrimp Feta Dip. Easy to assemble. So flavorful, your guests with love it.
I decided to start this new year with, one of my favorite, delicious Greek Seafood Appetizers that you'll often spot in Greek Restaurant's Menu. Shrimp Saganaki!
Shrimp Saganaki is an easy and delicious Greek seafood dip with shrimp cooked in tomatoes and spices, broiled topped with feta cheese. It is simple to prepare, needs mostly pantry ingredients... Yet is packed with flavor and has inviting-appetizing color. Does it look delicious or what?
Above all, I love that it can be served two ways -
1) a flavorful Shrimp Feta Dip.
2) a Seafood Main Course with side of crusty bread.
So, let's start this year with this amazing Shrimp Saganaki Recipe!
Traditional Shrimp Saganaki or Garides Saganaki is an appetizer dip of Greek origin. For me, Flambe Cheese was only Saganaki Dish until I tried Shrimp Saganaki with tomato and feta. It was such a pleasant surprise. Love the addition of broiled feta on top of a spiced tomatoes and shrimp sauce. Even though cheese is not generally paired with fish. You will be impressed how flavorful this combination is.
Traditional Shrimp Saganaki is prepared with feta cheese completely covering the tomato-shrimp mixture and then broiled to get delicious golden baked feta cheese flavor. I, however, use less cheese when baking and put some more on top before serving.
To prepare Saganaki Sauce, I saute onion and garlic in an broiler proof dish such a medium cast iron skillet. This helps me make and serve this dip in one dish.
Once onions are soft, I add tomato puree, and then wine. Cook until sauce thickens and alcohol from wine cooks off. Next, I season sauce with oregano, paprika, and chili flakes. Mix raw shrimp with hot sauce. Take it off heat. Top feta cheese and broil.
Shrimp Saganaki is ready to devour. Serve a Pita Chips or Crusty Bread on side.
Once again wish you all a Happy and Prosperous 2019! Stay blessed and thank you for supporting Chef De Home.
Shrimp Saganaki - (Shrimp, Tomato and Feta Dip)review) (1
- Shrimp Dip
- 1 lbs Shrimp (cleaned)
- 2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp Garlic (3-4 large cloves, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (small bunch of fresh leaves)
- 1 tsp Paprika (sweet paprika)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup White Onion (small diced)
- 1. Preheat oven on broiler on high.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a medium, oven broiler proof, skillet such as cast iron skillet. Add diced white onion and minced garlic. Saute until onions are soft. (about 3-4 minutes)
- 3. Add tomato sauce, cook for 2 minutes. Add wine, cook until alcohol cooks off, 3-4 minutes. Add oregano, chili flakes, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Continue cooking 6-8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 4. Add shrimp with a tbsp of lemon juice. Mix with the sauce. Crumble half of *feta on top. Broil until sauce is bubbly (3-4 minutes). Crumble rest of feta on top. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve with side of pita bread chips, or regular pita bread, or a crusty bread.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe