Baked Goat Cheese Dip with Bruschetta
Creamy and delicious Baked Goat Cheese Dip with colorful Tomato-Basil Bruschetta for holiday entertaining. (Ready in minutes.)
What better than welcoming guests with a bubbling and creamy Baked Goat Cheese Dip, flavor packed with herbs and delicious Tomato-Basil Bruschetta. This crowd-pleasing, lip-smacking party dip is perfect for entertaining. It is colorful, delicious, and above all, ready at moment's notice.
Just mix, bake and top with an easy bruschetta (recipe included). It is THAT easy!
Sweet ant tangy Tomato-Basil Bruschetta, warm bubbling baked goat cheese (and cream cheese) and seasonings creates such a scrumptious party experience. Your guests will be asking for the recipe. I promise.
This recipe is also special because it can be served many other ways: 1) A warm cheese dip with toasted baguette (like shown in pictures) 2) A Cheese Dip in a Cheese Platter 3) A cheese spread.
So, what do you say? Let's baked Goat Cheese for warm and comforting Goat Cheese Dip!
Does this look gorgeous or what? Plus so easy to prepare. I never think twice to make some for my guests.
Easy appetizer such as mix-and-bake cheese dip like this are such a life saver when hosting holiday dinners. I love to serve ever-green dippers - bagel chips, toasted baguette, and some fruit/veggies to balance the richness - Granny smith apple slices and/or celery.
NOTE: You can buy or make you own bagel chips using recipe in notes. (10 minutes start to finish)
The best part about this dip is : quick assembly time i.e. just 10 minutes (including topping). Rest is job of oven. You can even make Bruschetta and assemble cheese + seasonings for dip ahead of time. Add cheese mixture to heat-proof mini-baking dishes (I used ramekins), wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake it 15 minutes before guest arrive.
That's it. Top with Bruschetta and serve while still warm with choice of chips. (homemade bagel chips are my favorite)
Delicious dip is ready to devour.
TIP: To make this recipe party-friendly.. I bake cheese in 2-3 small baking dishes instead of one large one. This gives me flexibility to serve dip among multiple groups
Goat Cheese Dip
For ingredients of goat cheese dip, I use a blend of cheeses and herbs, onion, and tomato seasoning. I mix goat cheese, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese for for dip. This mix makes delicious combination of tang from goat cheese, creamy from cream cheese, and nutty from parmesan cheese.
Next, I mix in seasonings to make cheese dip flavorful even without tomato-basil topping. My favorite flavors are: oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, scallion and parsley. Where scallion (green onion) make cheese savory, sun-dried tomatoes give it delicious bite cutting richness of cheese. And in my experience, you can never go wrong with herbs. Parsley is way to go for subtle herbaceous flavor in this cheese dip.
Inspiration for this recipe is my Baked Bruschetta Chicken recipe. We are much in love with the colors and flavors of this dish that it has become a regular in our menu. This dip recipe has been welcomed the same way.
This cheese dip is self sufficient. You can skip bruschetta. However, I highly recommend using some for two reasons:
1) It looks very festive and pretty. The bubbling brown baked goat cheese glows with red-green tomato-basil bruschetta.
2) It add element of freshness to the rich goat cheese dip. The tangy balsamic vinegar, sweet tomato and herb basil brightness-up the favor of cheese spread... making it even more delicious.
I hope you will enjoy this easy cheese dip in you next holiday gathering.
Checkout more Cheese Dips and Easy Baked Cheese Appetizers recipes I posted earlier on blog:
Have a wonderful day. -Savita
Baked Goat Cheese Dip with Bruschetta
IngredientsBaked Goat Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven at 415 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease two ramekins or oven-safe small casserole. Set aside.
- 2. In a wide bowl, add softened goat cheese, softened or whipped cream cheese, parmesna cheese, chili flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, scallion, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Mix with fork until everything is evenly distributed in cheese.
- 3. Add cheese to oven-safe dish. Level with spoon. Make sure leave a little indentation in middle. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and light brown on top. Additional Notes: At this step, dip can be wrapped and refrigerated to bake later.
- 4. While cheese bake, make burchestta topping. In a bowl, add all of Burschetta ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
- 5. When cheese is baked, top it with Burschetta. Serve warm with side of bagel chips, pita chips or other crudities. Enjoy.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.