Nacho Cheese Crunch Black Bean Burger
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsCheese #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Spicy Black Bean Burgers, egg-less, meatless veggie black bean patties spiced with chipotle and topped with all-you-want-in-nacho-cheese crunchy toppings!!
These Spicy Black Bean Burgers are perfect to serve deliciousness of Nachos and taste of summer grilling... all summed up in one scrumptious meal! Smoky seasoned crispy black beans patties topped with crunchy tortilla chips, fresh sliced jalapenos, covered in melted cheese and fresh salsa!!
Does this remind you of Nacho Cheese party or what? Now, sandwich this Nacho Cheesey Crunch in grilled rolls with smear of chipotle-cream cheese sauce and you have it - a crunchy summer surprise!!
You can call these Nacho Burgers, but I love to call'em Spicy Nacho Cheese Crunch Burgers!! "Cheesey Crunch" is the key!!
This is what I'm looking for a great summer weekend dinner! Some grilled protein, combination of creamy, crunchy and fresh toppings, and a hearty bun to wrap the whole package!
What I love about these burgers?
Gosh!! Do I need say more??
Friends, these single serve Nacho Cheese, (if I may call'em), don't even need a cheese sauce.. I have used combination of two cheese that do all the work for you!
Of course I love the spicy mouth feel of chipotle and fresh jalapenos, with crunchy tortillas and salsa, but a balanced bite with two kind of cheese in the party, American Singles and Whipped Cream Cheese, is the real deal!!
That much and still it is a vegetarian burger which you can ready, for family of four, under 30 minutes!
Eggless Burger Patties!!
Oh, if you ever thought black bean veggie burger patties can't hold shape without egg binder?! then this recipe will change your thinking for good! I just replaced eggs with humble kitchen-staple veggie to make crispiest-crustiest burger ever!! And yes, you can grill'em on outdoor grill too!
I'm telling you, this recipe is a keeper!! :) you are welcome!! :-)
Black bean burger patties are my favorite all summer long.... and my obsession for Mexican flavors is not hidden from you all. First time when I enjoyed a Nacho Cheese Burgers in a local eatery... very next weekend, I made a vegetarian version with spicy black bean patties at home! Why? because I needed this recipe in my recipe repertoire!
Recently, Weight watchers gave me opportunity to share these new cheese products with you... I decided to give you a delicious way to bring cheesy crunch to your summer grilling with these Nacho Cheese Crunch Black Bean Burgers!
On my recent visit to Ralph's store near my apartment, I grabbed few packs of Weight Watchers American Singles and Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese to enjoy some Nacho Cheese burgers over the weekend and also to share this scrumptious combination with you!
I love the fact that Weight Watchers American Singles and Whipped Cream Cheese are reduced fat but still have no compromise in taste and quality. Their cheese products are made with real and all natural cheese. Where American singles give these bean burgers that warm melted nacho cheese taste, the lightness of whipped cream cheese gives creaminess to the whole burger-bite!
You can easily make these burgers on stove top in a cast iron pan or grill outside. I like to make burger patties at night and refrigerate overnight. This sets the patties and make them even easier to grill.
For same nacho-cheese like texture, once the bean burger patties are ready from one side, I like to turn the patties, top each with few tortilla chips, sliced jalapeno and top with slice of American Cheese Single on each, cover and let cheese melt over the tortilla chips.
Exactly like shown in picture above, then I top each bean burger with fresh salsa, more sliced jalapenos and top over a cream cheese slathered burger bun/ciabatta roll.
Serve refreshing lemonade on the side and enjoy two American Classic recipes - Burgers and Nacho Cheese, in one composed summer meal!!
I had lots of fun making and serving these burgers with sponsorship of Weight Watchers Cheese products.
This is how I spent my last weekend, cooking and welcoming first week of summer. How do you plan to enjoy this summer? Share with me in the comments below!
A few more Burger Recipes for my recipe repertoire!
Nacho Cheese Crunch Black Bean Burger
- 1 Black Beans (8 ounce can, drained)
- 1-2 Potatoes (1 cup, medium, boiled, grated)
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 Chipotle in Adobo (and 2 tbsp adobo sauce, divided)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 White Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs (unseasoned, preferably panko)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- Ciabatta Bread Rolls (or Hamburger Buns, for serving)
- Tortilla Chips
- Jalapeno (fresh sliced, optional)
- Salsa (pico de gayo, as much as you like)
- Cream Cheese (such as Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese)
- Cheese Singles (such as Weight Watchers American Singles)
Black Beans Burger Patties
Nacho Cheese Crunch Burgers
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Prepare all the ingredients, make pico de gayo (if not using store bought salsa). Pulse black beans in food processor until coarse pureed. (for more texture, pulse all but 1/4 cup and mix them later.)2. Heat 1 tsp oil in saute pan. Add chopped onion and garlic, then saute until onions are soft. (2-3 minutes). Add smoked paprika, taco seasoning and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add to puree beans with 1 minced chipotle, 2 tbsp of adobo sauce, lemon juice, and salt. Add bread crumbs, seasonings, and grated potatoes. Mix well. Refrigerate for 15- 20 minutes.
3. In meantime, in a small bowl, add whipped cream cheese and minced remaining chipotle pepper with generous pinch of salt. Fold in and set aside.4. Black bean patties: Make 1/2 pound patties from the black bean mixture.
5. Grill indoor/outdoor on a flat iron grill until both sides are crispy and caramelized.6. Once the first side is cooked, flip and top with few tortilla chips on each patty. top with one slice of American Cheese Single, place on the grill and cover until cheese has melted. (if cooking indoor, cover the pan with lid and cook on slow heat until cheese has melted. )
7. Spread spicy chipotle-cream cheese spread on bottom half of burger buns. Place one patty on each burger bun, top with pico de gayo, slice jalapenos and serve. Enjoy!!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.