Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce
Burst sweet cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic and wine one pan pasta sauce. A flavorful pasta dinner in no time!
Posted By Savita
Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce is one amazingly simple pasta sauce that best utilize the flavors of fresh sweet summer cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are so naturally sweet and rich that just 10 minutes in pan create a flavorful tomato sauce that will go great with any kind of pasta - spaghetti, bucatini, or linguine.
I'm huge fan of using fresh tomatoes for simple and clean pasta sauces. Often, I like to roast whole roma tomatoes to make a flavorful and sweet fresh pasta sauce. But, with cherry tomatoes I don't even have to switch-on oven. Sauteing cherry tomatoes in little bit of olive oil makes'em soft and juicy... when their skin burst and release flavorful and sweet juices in the sauce. In simple words, cooking cheery tomatoes make them even sweeter than what they already are.
With little bit of seasonings, perfume of pan roasted garlic, and a splash of cooking wine, and this pasta sauce comes together super-fast! Mix in favorite kinda pasta, a protein (if you prefer), and dinner is served!
Speaking of protein, for more balanced meal, I often add some zucchini or mushroom and it is a complete vegetarian meal for me. For Vishal, I often serve some grilled chicken on the side.
Honestly, pasta dishes offer endless meal possibilities. Once you have flavorful pasta sauce ready.. Really any protein you prefer grilled chicken, sauteed shrimp, or sauteed mushrooms, will make a perfect meal. Even any kind of pasta your family likes will do. Vishal and I are always after penne, linguine or spaghetti.
The good thing about a simple pasta sauce like this one is: clean and healthy dinner. There is no butter or cream, sauce is not spicy just carries a hint and I have not used a lot of parmesan either. I used semolina linguine pasta but you can even use whole wheat pasta for healthy serving of whole grains.
On a side note, if you wondering what I did with remaining parmesan? Well, I made some thin and crispy parmesan crisps! Not to serve with pasta... just for occasional snacking! Here is sneak-peak at the pictures:
Recipe on Instagram, soon!
When you jump to recipe, you will notice I have suggested to use a tbsp of sun-dried tomato oil along with extra virgin olive oil. It is not required to use sun-dried tomato oil but it does make a huge difference in flavor.
Thing is, I often have a jar of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes in my refrigerator. One day, I was serving pasta for dinner and had no cooking oil in pantry. I scooped few tbsp of oil from sun-dried tomatoes and used it to saute vegetables...
...that day, veggies were admired on kitchen table as if those were "meat and potatoes"!! You know what I mean? So much flavor with such simple pantry-staple!! Since then, I'm always tempted to use a little of this oil, especially to flavor pasta sauces! It is like secret to Italian-kitchen-flavors-in-one-jar-of-sundried-tomatoes.
So, try it my friends.. you will be pleasantly surprised! :)
A quick yet flavorful dinner is always my goal for my family. I'm certain it is same for you. I'm sure you will agree that healthy and quick can also be tasty just like this 15 minutes kitchen-to-dinner-table burst cherry tomato pasta sauce. So, don't go the fresh seasonal sweet gift of nature go waste.. Bring home some cherry tomatoes and make flavorful pasta meal for dinner tonight!
Wish you all a Happy Weekend!! -Savita
A few more Pasta Recipes for your next Italian Dinner at home!
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 3 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (1.5 pints, red and yellow cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4 Cup Wine (good qaulity cooking wine, or leftover white wine)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (replace 1 tbsp oil with sun dried tomato oil)
- 1 lbs Pasta (linguine, or spaghetti )
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 Garlic (cloves, whole, just crushed)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated, use more if prefer)
- 1 Cup Basil (bunch of fresh leaves, coarse chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper (to taste)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. I like to bring pot of water to rolling boil. When boiling, season with salt, add pasta and cook until just al-dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, in a wide saute pan, heat olive oil with sun dried tomato olive oil (if using) or all olive oil. Add smashed garlic with chili flakes and let garlic perfume the oil for 30 seconds.
3. Now, add cherry tomatoes and let them slightly burst in the pan. (about 4-5 minutes on medium high heat).
4. Once few tomatoes has started to burst, Fish out the garlic. (discard or refrigerate it to flavor a sandwich later.) Deglaze the pan with wine, bring to boil, and let alcohol cook-off (1-2 minutes). Season with salt. Add in cooked and drained pasta with half of parmesan cheese. Coat pasta in tomato, wine and parmesan sauce. Add chopped basil.
5. Sprinkle remaining parmesan, and serve pasta while still hot.
Pasta cooking time range from 8-12 minutes depending upon kind of pasta used. Always look for cooking time on pasta package direction.
Even though salty and buttery parmesan brings out the flavor of sweet cherry tomatoes.. You can certainly skip it if looking to serve this pasta vegan.
Also, use gluten free pasta or veggie zoodles for serving a gluten free meal.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.