Zucchini Carrot Muffins
Sunday fun-day breakfast or a savory surprise in always-sweet Bake Sale, these Zucchini Carrot Muffins are perfect for both!
Posted By Savita
Carrot Muffins loaded with seasonal sweet zucchini, and fresh herbs. These muffins are moist, butter free, dairy free, and also not too sweet. I call'em my all-in-one and easy, savory Zucchini Carrot Muffins. Easy because this recipe is super easy to put together. Al-in-one because these are delicious, loaded with veggies, and can be served many ways!
Whether you planning a fun-day-Sunday breakfast at home or getting ready for a memorial bake sale? These muffins will be a nice surprise from everyday blueberry muffins and no one will notice there are - not one but two veggies in there. This also makes this muffin recipe perfect for serving for weekday dinner.
So tonight, hunt some zucchini and carrots from refrigerator... then ready a batch of Zucchini Carrot Muffins. With just 10 minutes prep and just 1 bowl for mixing, this easy carrot muffin I promise!
Let's get cooking!
- 2 Carrots (medium, peeled and grated)
- 1 Zucchini (grated, squeezed to remove excess water)
- 8 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Egg(s)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Lemon (zest only)
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (dried, optional)
- 1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, thyme, lemon zest and sugar, in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- 2. Add wet ingredients - oil, maple syrup, and eggs in a bowl. Whisk until fully combined.
- 3. Add grated carrots and zucchini in the wet ingredient and mix well.
- 4. Fold in dry ingredients into wet in 2-3 batches just until batter is mixed in. Don't over mix. A few streaks of flour are okay.
- 5. Fill in muffin tins, dividing in 8-9 cups. Fill empty cups 1/2 with water.
- 6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean, and muffins are brown and springy to touch. Serve with warm butter for breakfast or on side with a lentils/stew. Enjoy!
Add 1/4 cup chopped nuts or raisins for some texture.