Avocado Tomato Mozzarella Salad
Fresh and delicious Avocado Tomato Mozzarella Salad. Assemble dressing up-to 3 months in advance. Assemble salad in just 10 minutes for anytime refreshing summer dinner side.
Modern day Caprese Salad with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, avocado and zesty Mozzarella Salad seasoning. This salad is as delicious as looks.
Also sharing recipe to marinate red onions for more flavor, and a delicious Balsamic Dressing which you can prepare 3 months in advance.
So, let's make some Avocado Tomato Mozzarella Salad!
CAPRESE - The humble-delicious Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Caprese Salad needs now introduction. The classic salad is delightful combination of three simple ingredients: ripe red tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, basil. (may be a hint of balsamic vinegar).
For today's salad, I wanted to bring another clean flavor ingredient, avocado, which truly compliments the simplicity of sweet tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
I'm sure you have had Caprese Salad before. But this one with avocado will make you a fan! I bet! Not just taste, the dose of healthy fats from avocado is pure bonus. It balance the rich mozzarella making this salad naturally filling and perfect for keto diet.
Three main ingredients of this salad are in the name - Avocado, bite-size mozzarella, and cherry tomatoes. Other ingredients are marinated red onions, seasoning and balsamic dressing. To make it more substantial, I serve this salad on bed of fresh baby spinach. Completely optional.
TIP: Instead of using raw onions, I marinate onions a few spoons of Balsamic Dressing. If you not using dressing, simple marinate onions in few spoons of balsamic, salt and black pepper. This way, while you work on salad, onions becomes mellow, sweet and tangy. Really compliment the salad.
SEASONING FOR TOMATO MOZZARELLA SALAD:
This is very bright and refreshing salad which you can enjoy with sprinkle of flaky sea salt, or a herb-spice seasoning, and/or a zippy balsamic dressing. Good news is; I'm sharing recipe for both seasoning and dressing.
For Mozzarella Caprese Salad seasoning, combine equal part dried basil, oregano, chili flakes, black pepper and sea salt. Mix well. Store in air-tight container until ready to use. Sprinkle on salad for refreshing Tomato Mozzarella Salad. (You can also use lemon-pepper seasoning instead of salt and pepper.)
For dressing, I love to use Balsamic Dressing for this salad.
Even if you want to skip dressing, I highly recommend drizzle of good quality balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze to bring-out the flavor of salad.
Salad with cherry tomatoes, bite-size mozzarella and avocado always makes a statement. The fresh array of color pop and look so inviting! I always receive compliments when I serve this to my guests. Pictures tell the story. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
Wish you a beautiful long weekend!
Love avocado? Try these amazing Avocado Salads:
Avocado Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- 1. In a small bowl, add Mozzarella Seasoning ingredients. Mix well and set aside. Slice avocado, coat in lemon juice and set aside.
- 2. Marinate Red Onion: Slice red onion, add into a small bowl with 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, and generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside. (You can also use prepared Balsamic Dressing instead of Balsamic Vinegar. See Note 2 for recipe)
- 3. In a wide salad bowl, add baby spinach (is using). Top with cherry tomatoes (slice large ones), baby mozzarella balls, marinated red onion, and slice avocado. Sprinkle generous teaspoon of Mozzarella Seasoning on the top. Serve Balsamic Dressing on the side. Drizzle dressing on salad when ready to eat. Enjoy!
- Mozzarella Caprese Salad seasoning: Combine equal part dried basil, oregano, chili flakes, black pepper and sea salt. Mix well. Store in air-tight container until ready to use.
(You can also use lemon-pepper seasoning instead of salt and pepper.)
- Balsamic Dressing: Get the recipe for Balsamic Dressing.
- Marinate Red Onions: Slice red onion, add into a small bowl 2-3 tsp of Balsamic Dressing, or with 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, and generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside. Use when ready.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Leave a Message:
Did you try the recipe? Do you have feedback or a question? Leave a message below.