Grilled Tuna Steak Salad
Delicious Grilled Tuna Salad with avocado, grilled peach, and umami Sesame Soy Ginger dressing. This will be your favorite healthy and delicious dinner all summer long!
A flavorful Grilled Tuna Steak Salad with fresh tuna marinated in spicy sesame ginger marinade. I accompany this salad with fresh avocado, sweet grilled peaches, and sesame soy ginger dressing. Umami bold-flavor salad dressing works double duty - a marinade for grilled tuna and a dressing for salad.
This salad is easy to prepare, filling, healthier and loaded with ton of flavor. It will change the way you think Tuna Salad. Let's get cooking.
GRILLED TUNA MARINADE
This tuna salad is Asian flavor inspired. I make a bold-flavor packed Sesame Soy Ginger dressing. Dressing works double duty as 1) Marinade for Grilled Tuna 2) Salad Dressing. This Marinade-Dressing is SO good that I can really drink it with straw. Plus super easy to assemble. I must mention that it also work great as a Stir-fry sauce to Asian Fried Rice or sauted vegetables.
To make the marinade, you will need very simple 5 ingredients - Tamari Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, Fresh Ginger, Black Pepper and Chili Flakes. Combine in a small bowl, whisk until oil emulsify with vinegar.
Tip: For more sharp flavor, you can also add wasabi powder or 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard in dressing.
To marinate tuna, I divide half dressing in a bowl and leave half to use as dressing for salad. I use fresh Ahi Tuna Steak for this salad. Add tuna steaks in marinade, coat a few times. Set aside to marinate - 10-15 minutes. As a general rule, never leave fish in marinade for long or acids in marinade it will start to cook it.
HOW TO GRILL TUNA FOR SALAD
Like I mentioned earlier, you can grill tuna on an outdoor BBQ grill or indoor. Take tuna out of marinade. Discard the marinade. Sprinkle tuna steak with generous fresh cracked pepper.
Preheat the grill on medium. Spray the griddles with non-stick cooking spray. Place steak on grill and let cook undisturbed until tuna is no longer pink (looks cooked) 1/3 from bottom part that is touching the grill. At this point, flip it with pair of tongs. Cook other side until no longer pink from side now touching the grill. Take out in platter and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.
That's it! Grilled Tuna is ready to devour.
Note: If you are not in mood to grill tuna steak on a BBQ grill. You can also grill it indoor on a grill pan or sear in pan as described in instruction notes.
For Tuna Salad, I also grill the peaches while grilling tuna. Add fresh sliced avocado, red onion, and greens (if you want more substantial salad). Drizzle the remaining salad dressing on top. Devour!
This salad is also gluten free, keto-diet friendly, low-carb, and packed with healthy fats. Simple, lite summer dinner. Keeping today's post short as simple as this Tuna Salad. Start eating healthier one salad at a time!
Enjoy and Happy Weekend!
Love fish salads? Try these amazing salads:
Grilled Tuna Steak Salad
IngredientsGrilled Tuna Steak Salad
- 1. Prepare Marinate and Dressing - In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk to emulsify. Divide into two bowls and set aside.
- 2. Marinate Tuna - In one bowl with dressing, add tuna steaks. Coat to cover in dressing. Set aside for 10-15 minutes and no longer.
- 3. Grill Tuna - Preheat grill on medium. Spray with cooking oil spray. Remove tuna from marinade and discard the marinade. Sprinkle tuna with fresh crushed black pepper. (optional) Place on hot grill. Cook undisturbed until bottom 1/3 of steak is cook. Flip and cook other side until now side down tuna is cooked 1/3 leaving middle 1/3 rare. Remove grilled tuna steaks on a plate and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- 4. Grill Peaces - While tuna is grilling. Season halved peaches with pinch of salt. Place cut side down until grill marks appear on cut side. Remove grilled peaches from grill. Set aside.
- 5. Prepare Tuna Salad - This salad works best when served in layers in a salad platter. On a platter, arrange in layer - grilled tuna, sliced avocado, grilled peaches, red onion, sliced chili. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and sprinkle of sesame seeds. Drizzle remaining soy-ginger dressing on the top. Serve and enjoy!
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.