Tuscan Chicken with spinach, and creamy garlic tomato spinach sauce. So easy to prepare, it will become your favorite comfy weeknight chicken dinner.
This creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe is calling your name! Seasoned pan-cooked Herb Chicken with flavorful and creamy garlic tomato spinach sauce. This one pan chicken is perfect for busy weeknights or whenever you want to serve restaurant-quality chicken dinner at home in hurry! Keto and Low-carb when served with zoodles instead of regular pasta.
My version of Tuscan Sauce is very special. It creamy yet lite with delicious flavor of garlic, roasted tomatoes, herbs and Parmesan. Just three things make all the difference:
- To lighten-up the sauce, I replace heavy cream with half-and-half. (half the cream and half the milk).
- Make sauce bold flavor, just like Italian restaurants with herbs, roasted diced tomatoes, Parmesan and chicken stock. These simple ingredients make sauce super flavorful. You will love it.
- Use fresh spinach instead of frozen to control the amount of liquid in the sauce.
That's it. This recipe is ready in just 35 minutes. I find it very comforting yet not breaking the calorie bank.
So, let's make some Creamy Tuscan Chicken tonight!
CREAMY BOLD FLAVOR TUSCAN CHICKEN SAUCE
My earlier recipe of Chicken Florentine Pasta was my inspiration to create this Tuscan Chicken Sauce. Both share same creamy herbaceous and bold flavor sauce. Where Florentine Sauce highlights flavor of spinach, the Tuscan Sauce highlights flavor of herbs, garlic, and roasted tomatoes. All ingredients are very easy to find and give amazing depth of flavor to the sauce. I highly recommend using following ingredients to make the Tuscan Chicken.
- Chicken Breast
- Dry Herbs - oregano, basil
- *Half and Half
- Roasted Diced Tomatoes
(Read more details in Recipe Card, Notes)
*I used half and half i.e. part heavy cream and part milk. You can use all heavy cream if you want more thick and creamier sauce.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TUSCAN CHICKEN?
Creamy sauce of Tuscan Chicken is perfect to fold in some pasta such as spaghetti or penne.
When I'm serving Tuscan Chicken for a Sunday family dinner, I love to add a vegetarian casserole such as Ratatouille, or Ratatouille Zucchini Boats, Caesar Pasta Salad, or Fresco Salad for a complete balanced meal with ton of flavor, and something for everyone.
I recommend double the Tuscan Chicken recipe as it goes fast.
SERVE TUSCAN CHICKEN KETO
This Tuscan Chicken recipe is also keto. Just serve zoodles or low carb alternatives instead of regular pasta. I also love to serve chicken with side of steamed veggies such as broccoli, or green beans, or green salad for an ultimate low-carb keto chicken dinner. Try my Super food Raw Broccoli Saladwith this. You will love the combination!
Let me summarize why should you try this Chicken Pasta tonight!
- Easy to prepare with only 15 minutes of prep. Perfect for weeknights.
- Creamy yet lite sauce with such bold flavor of herbs, garlic and tomatoes. It is a restaurant quality meal prepare at home in 35 minutes start to end.
- Make once use multiple ways. Make Weeknight Tuscan Sauce Pasta, Saty on Diet and serve Keto with Zoodles or Salad or serve for homemade elaborate family Italian dinner night.
MORE CHICKEN AND PASTA DINNER RECIPES:
If your family is Chicken and Pasta dinner fan like ours? I have few more delicious recipes to try:
- Chicken Bellagio with Creamy Sauce Pasta
- Chicken Paprikash with Pasta
- Thai Curry Chicken Noodles
- Parmesan Chicken Caprese
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
- Chipotle Chicken Cream Sauce Pasta
- Chicken Florentine Pasta
Try something different for dinner tonight. I have made nostalgic restaurant-favorite Tuscan Chicken easy to prepare at home! Drop a message and share with me your favorite Chicken and Pasta Dinner?
PS: We bought our first home and we have been super busy in moving and what not! Now that we are settled, I'm hoping to get back to see you sweet people more often. Happy Holidays! Stay blessed, stay safe.
Tuscan Chickenreviews) (11
- 1. Season Chicken: Prep Chicken: In a small bowl mix oregano, basil, salt, chili flakes and half of black pepper. Pat dry chicken breast with paper towel. Season chicken with generous 2 pinches of spice mix. Set aside. Reserve the remaining spice mix to use in Step 3. Additional Notes: If serving with pasta, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Sauté Spinach: Heat a large deep skillet on medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil, and fresh spinach with generous pinch of salt. Work in 1-2 batches to sauté fresh spinach until it is wilted. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- 3. Cook Chicken: Wipe the skillet clean. Add a tbsp oil in now empty skillet, heating on medium heat. When oil is hot, add seasoned chicken to the pan. Let cook undisturbed at medium heat until chicken is brown from side touching the pan (3-4 minutes), flip and cook other side until brown. Remove chicken in a plate and set aside.
- 4. Cook Creamy Tuscan Sauce: Add remaining oil in now empty skillet. Add garlic and remaining spice mix, sauté until garlic is fragrant (about 30 seconds). Don't let garlic burn. Add diced roasted tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are not watery. Add chicken stock, cream half and half. Bring to boil. Mix in spinach, diced olives, and parmesan cheese. Put chicken breast on top of sauce and continue cooking covered until sauce thickens and chicken is fully cooked. (about 5-6 minutes) Season sauce with remaining black pepper. See Note 2
- 5. Assemble and Serve: Remove cooked chicken in a plate. Add cooked pasta or zoodles (if using) into the sauce. See Note 4. Mix well. Divide into two plates. Top with cooked chicken breast. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- Butterflied Chicken: I used butterflied chicken breast. That is chicken breast sliced in half lengthwise resulting in two pieces per slice. This cuts cooking time to half.
- There is salt in chicken stock, seasoning mix and parmesan. Please adjust to taste before adding anymore salt.
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes: I recommend to only use can of fire roasted diced tomatoes for this recipe. The flavor I got from these was unmatched with any other tomatoes I tried.
- Pasta or Low-Carb Zoodles: If using regular pasta, set pasta to cook according to package directions in Step 1. If using zoodles (vegetable low-carb noodles), cook these briefly in the sauce in Step 5 after removing chicken.
- Heavy Cream vs Half and Half: For lite sauce, I use Half and Half. Half and Half means half heavy cream and half whole milk. You can use ready-to-use Half and Half, or mix half heavy cream with half milk.
For a more rich sauce use all heavy cream.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.