Garlic Butter Roasted Salmon with Asparagus
This Butter Roasted Salmon with asparagus is quicker-than-dine-out salmon dinner at home. Perfect for weeknights!
Posted By Savita
Made with just 8 ingredients (plus salt and pepper), this Roasted Salmon recipe is perfect for weeknight dinner. Just spread the garlic butter over each salmon fillet then roast with Asparagus in the oven until fish is cooked through. The dinner will be ready in only 20 minutes. Gluten free and Keto.
Just like you, I too love healthier, delicious and cleaner home cooked meals. If that meal is also easy to put on dinner table... it makes my day even more content. Salmon and Asparagus is timeless combination. Roasted with spread of garlic butter and seasonings... salmon gets buttery melt-in-mouth delicious and asparagus crisp tender.
Yummy Roasted Garlicky Salmon dinner which is also low-carb, has majority of good fats, greens and one sheet pan to clean! This dinner makes everyone happy. This is bay-far our favorite Wednesday dinner. I look forward to it because on this day, I only get in the kitchen 20 minutes before Vishal arrives.
To roast the salmon, I preheat the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Yes, 450. (you reading correct). If you want the real roasted flavor, this the best temperature to roast. I only request to make sure: 1) Oven is pre-heat at 450 degrees before cooking 2) Check the salmon at 7 minutes if it is done. don't let it overcook.
While oven preheats. I mix the Garlic Butter. Actually it is a garlic and herb butter. Markets are so full of fresh herbs this season. I bet you will have plenty in refrigerator. If not, don't worry. Just use dried herbs.
To make Garlic Butter, I mix following ingredients:
- Butter (at room temperature)
- Herbs - Thyme, Parsley, Oregano
- Lemon Juice. (If you don't have lemon. Replace with 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning. Skip salt and pepper)
- Salt and Pepper.
Once Butter is ready. I season asparagus and salmon with salt and pepper. Spread asparagus on sheet pan. Rub garlic butter on salmon fillets. (Preferably both sides to get more robust roasted butter flavor.) Place salmon fillets in between asparagus as shown in the pictures.
Roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit pre-heated oven for just 8 minutes.
Salmon fillets are perfectly roasted, cooked-to-perfection in 8 minutes. Asparagus is crisp tender. Just like it should be. Serve and enjoy!
Can you believe only 20 minutes to a fab Salmon and Asparagus dinner? Healthier, weeknight approved and much less cleaning. For the record, if you line the baking sheet pan with aluminium foil. Sheet pan is does not need much cleaning or scrubbing either. Such recipes in my humble opinion is a perfect weeknight cooking recipe.
Isn't this an easy recipe?! 20 minutes is not bad for a weeknight! I let you in to my little secret which I have learned while testing recipes for the blog. You can prepare garlic up-to 2 days in advance. This will cut your prep time to half. Buy skinless salmon fillets for even quicker turnout.
Recipe doubles easily. For a family of four, mix double quantity of garlic butter, buy double quantity of salmon and asparagus. Use 2 sheet pans and bake at the same time.
Before you head to the recipe card.. Let me sum-up this weeknight-winner Roasted Salmon recipe for you:
1) Perfectly cooked roasted salmon and asparagus with delicious garlic butter and herb flavor.
2) 20 minutes cooking makes it fit for weeknight dinner. Plus easy clean-up as this is one sheet pan dinner.
3) Low-carb, Keto, and Gluten Free. (replace asparagus with green beans if you prefer)
MORE FAVORITE SHEET PAN DINNERS?
Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka - The takeout-favorite Chicken Tikka prepared on sheet pan with trio of bell peppers for delicious chicken dinner ready in minutes.
Za'atar Chicken - Mediterranean favorite Za'atar Chicken with feta potato all baked in one sheet pan for a delicious restaurant quality dinner at home.
Bruschetta Chicken - Use a dip rimmed baking dish instead of baking sheet for this classic baked Balsamic Chicken dinner. You will love the flavors.
LOOKING FOR MORE SALMON RECIPES?
Make weeknight cooking fun and easy with this quick Sheet Pan Roasted Salmon with Asparagus recipe.
Happy Holidays. Be safe and enjoy!
MORE ASPARAGUS RECIPES..
Garlic Butter Roasted Salmon with Asparagus
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 5-6 Sprigs Thyme (fresh thyme)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (fresh leaves, fine chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (4-5 cloves, minced)
- 1 Lemon (to get 1 tsp juice, rest cut into wedges for serving)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1.5 lbs Salmon (3-4 salmon fillets, skinless)
- 1 lbs Asparagus
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
Garlic Herb Butter
Roasted Salmon and Asparagus
1. Preheat oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. Make Garlic Herb Butter - In a small bowl, add all ingredients of garlic butter - room temperature butter, minced garlic, herbs, chili flakes, 1 tsp lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Mix with back of fork until everything is well mixed into the butter. Set aside.
3. Prepare Asparagus: Remove hard stems of asparagus (about 2 inch from the bottom). Place asparagus on baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil on top. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper. Massage to coat asparagus in oil and seasoning. Spread evenly on the baking sheet. Set aside.
4. Prepare Salmon - Pat it dry salmon fillets with clean paper towel. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper on both sides. Spread herb butter on both sides of salmon. Start from bottom side, then on top side run fingers on salmon fillets to evenly cover with herb butter. Place salmon on the sheet pan between the asparagus.
5. Roast Salmon and Asparagus: Roast in 450 degrees preheated oven for 8 minutes or until just cooked through. Take out, let rest for 5 minutes. Divide into plates. Serve with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
- Lemon Substitute: If you don't have lemon. Replace with 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning. Don't add more salt and pepper in butter.
- Recipe doubles easily. For a family of four, mix double quantity of garlic butter, buy double quantity of salmon and asparagus. Use 2 sheet pans and bake at the same time.
- Prep-Ahead: You can prepare garlic up-to 2 days in advance. This will cut your prep time to half. Buy skinless salmon fillets for even quicker turnout.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.