Chicken Liver Skewers
Lemony Charred Livers with Grilled Asparagus
Posted By Savita
I can never forget taste of two special things my grandfather cooked for me – grilled livers and tomato soup. There are so many vivid memories of my grandfather grilling long skewers of marinated chicken livers in a wood fired clay oven for family get together. Today’s chicken liver recipe brings all those memories to the dinner table. I don’t think, I can ever replicate those flavors but I do try with help of my memories and taste understanding.
Chicken Livers are marinated in lemon and garlic marinade and my special ingredient to make’em sing - Grill Mate Seasoning. Enjoy grilled chicken livers with healthy dose of grilled vegetables and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Chicken Liver Skewers
- 1 Lemon (Juice and zest of 1 lemon plus extra for seasoning asparagus)
- 1 lbs Chicken Livers
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste (or 1/2 tsp powder of each)
- 8-10 Asparagus
1. Marinate - On an aluminum foil sheet, toss asparagus with one teaspoon of olive oil and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix rest of the marinade ingredients listed above; add chicken livers, coat well and skew 3-4 pieces per skewer, arrange skewers in foil lined sheet tray. Brush rest of marinade on livers and let these sit in marinade for at least 15 minutes.
Additional NotesIf using wooden skewers, soak those in water 10-20 minutes before using. Wet skewers will not burn/blacken quickly on the grill.
2. Grill - Grill the chicken livers till livers are cooked and begin to char slightly at edges(about 10-15 minutes depending on your grill). Grill the asparagus on aluminum foil for 3-4 minutes.
3. Serve - Just before serving squeeze fresh lemon juice on chicken livers. Also season asparagus with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Enjoy a healthy yet so flavorful grilled livers meal with a glass of wine or a cold beer.
Savita's Notes:If using wooden skewers instead of metal skewers, soak them in water 10-20 minutes before using. Wet skewers will not burn/blacken quickly on the grill.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.