Chicken Liver Skewers
Lemony Charred Livers with Grilled Asparagus
I can never forget taste of two special things my grandfather cooked for me – grilled livers and tomato soup. There are so many vivid memories of my grandfather grilling long skewers of marinated chicken livers in a wood fired clay oven for family get together. Today’s chicken liver recipe brings all those memories to the dinner table. I don’t think, I can ever replicate those flavors but I do try with help of my memories and taste understanding.
Chicken Livers are marinated in lemon and garlic marinade and my special ingredient to make’em sing - Grill Mate Seasoning. Enjoy grilled chicken livers with healthy dose of grilled vegetables and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Chicken Liver Skewers
- 1 Lemon (Juice and zest of 1 lemon plus extra for seasoning asparagus)
- 1 lbs Chicken Livers
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste (or 1/2 tsp powder of each)
- 8-10 Asparagus
- 1. Marinate - On an aluminum foil sheet, toss asparagus with one teaspoon of olive oil and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix rest of the marinade ingredients listed above; add chicken livers, coat well and skew 3-4 pieces per skewer, arrange skewers in foil lined sheet tray. Brush rest of marinade on livers and let these sit in marinade for at least 15 minutes. Additional Notes: If using wooden skewers, soak those in water 10-20 minutes before using. Wet skewers will not burn/blacken quickly on the grill.
- 2. Grill - Grill the chicken livers till livers are cooked and begin to char slightly at edges(about 10-15 minutes depending on your grill). Grill the asparagus on aluminum foil for 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Serve - Just before serving squeeze fresh lemon juice on chicken livers. Also season asparagus with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Enjoy a healthy yet so flavorful grilled livers meal with a glass of wine or a cold beer.
Savita's Recipe Notes:If using wooden skewers instead of metal skewers, soak them in water 10-20 minutes before using. Wet skewers will not burn/blacken quickly on the grill.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe