Ground Lamb with Peas
Posted On: Jun, 26 | Author: Savita
Keema (Minced Meat) Matar (Peas) is traditional meat dish of India. Most commonly prepared with lamb's minced meat. It is very versatile dish, make it once and enjoy many ways…. Try it once and we are sure you will make it soon again…
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Indian (Curry, Main Course)
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 1 lbs Lamb (Ground (minced))
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (Or White Onion)
- 4 Garlic (Cloves)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Paste Or Grated)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes
- 2 Hot Green Pepper (small)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt (To Taste)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1. Grind onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies, tomato to a coarse consistency.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and grinded onion mixture , fry till light brown. Add turmeric and fry for another 1 minute. Add ground lamb meat and fry while breaking apart meat chunks to small pieces with Spatula (till pink color from meat disappears and oil starts to separate from lamb).
3. Key of making good Lamb Keema is frying mixture for little longer then required time. So add 1 tbsp Coriander Powder, Salt and 1/2 tsp Grill Seasoning (Or use 1/2 tsp of Chicken Masala) and continue frying for 5 more minutes stirring every 1 minute.4. Now add 1 cup water and simmer on medium low heat till keema is done to your liking. (If using pressure cooker, add only 1/2 cup water). On high heat, let liquid (left water) evaporate and you one see oil separated from lamb. Add Peas (Pre boiled Or Frozen) and fry additional 3 minutes on medium heat. Serve hot with Bread Or Chapaati.
- 4. Serve hot with Bread Or Chapaati. Use Leftover to make spicy tasty tacos Or Keema Parantha. Check recipe in Similar Recipe Section.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe