Spicy Ground Lamb filled Tacos
Posted By Savita
- 1 lbs Lamb (Ground (minced))
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 8-10 Corn Tacos
- 1/2 Cup Salsa (Medium Hot Salsa or dice and mix 1 tomato, 1/2 red onion, 2 tbsp cilantro, 1/2 jalapeno without seeds, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt)
- 1 tsp Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes
- 2 Hot Green Pepper (small)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt (To Taste)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (Or White Onion)
- 4 Garlic (Cloves)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Paste Or Grated)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. To make Spicy Ground Lamb, grind onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies, tomato to a coarse consistency.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and grinded onion mixture, fry till light brown. Add ground lamb meat and fry while breaking apart meat chunks to small pieces with Spatula (till pink color from meat disappears and oil starts to separate from lamb). Add 1 tbsp Coriander Powder, Salt and 1/2 tsp Grill Seasoning (Or use 1/2 tsp of Chicken Masala) and continue frying for 5 more minutes stirring every 1 minute.
3. Now add 1 cup water, peas (optional) and simmer on medium low heat till Ground Lamb is done to your liking. (If using pressure cooker, add only 1/2 cup water). On high heat, let liquid (left water) evaporates and you one see oil separated from lamb.4. Remove cooked lamb from pan and set aside to cool.
5. To assemble tacos, in each Crispy Corn Taco Shell, add heaping 2-3 tbsp cooked ground lamb. top with fresh made or store bought Salsa, some tacoish toppings (like cabbage, cilantro - totally optional) and sour cream. Serve and Enjoy!!!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.