Spicy Ground Lamb filled Tacos
Posted On: Jun, 26 | Author: Savita
My favorite Tacos are crispy and crunchy loaded with freshly made ground lamb, fresh sour cream and salsa Fresca. I love-love spicy minced meat (pretty much grew on it), little spicy salsa style toppings and then dollop of sour cream just balances out every thing in the party. Growing up, my mom always kept a batch of spicy lamb and sour creama in refrigerator and we had fun taco times very often. Spicy Ground Lamb is a make ahead dish. in-fact to me, it always tastes better the next day. So whenever you wanna have fun taco time with your family, just keep crispy tortillas in pantry, add some re-heated spicy lamb, fresh salsa, top with cilantro and yummy yummy - every taste bud will say thanks to you for a delicious Taco Tuesday.
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Mexican (Appetizer, Main Course)
- 1 lbs Lamb (Ground (minced))
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 8-10 Corn Tacos
- 1/2 Cup Salsa (medium hot salsa)
- 1 tsp Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes
- 2 Hot Green Pepper (small)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (Or White Onion)
- 4 Garlic (Cloves)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Paste Or Grated)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1. To make Spicy Ground Lamb, grind onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies, tomato to a coarse consistency.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and grinded onion mixture, fry till light brown. Add ground lamb meat and fry while breaking apart meat chunks to small pieces with Spatula (till pink color from meat disappears and oil starts to separate from lamb). Add 1 tbsp Coriander Powder, Salt and 1/2 tsp Grill Seasoning (Or use 1/2 tsp of Chicken Masala) and continue frying for 5 more minutes stirring every 1 minute.
3. Now add 1 cup water, peas (optional) and simmer on medium low heat till Ground Lamb is done to your liking. (If using pressure cooker, add only 1/2 cup water). On high heat, let liquid (left water) evaporates and you one see oil separated from lamb.4. Remove cooked lamb from pan and set aside to cool.
- 5. To assemble tacos, in each Crispy Corn Taco Shell, add heaping 2-3 tbsp cooked ground lamb. top with fresh made or store bought Salsa, some tacoish toppings (like cabbage, cilantro - totally optional) and sour cream. Serve and Enjoy!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe